Axiom Home Page
The below picture is what I have to work with. The only difference is that I have moved the whole thing to the left and there is exactly 30" width on each side of the entertainment center. There is 20.5" of depth on the hearth and I want to get some M60's (15" depth), but I want to know how forgiving they are in regards to being so close to the rear wall. I can do some acoustical treatments if necessary. I was thinking some sort of dampening foam or panel on the brick behind the speakers or even plugging the rear port with foam? Thanks for any help.

Alternatively, I could do M22's, but I hate the thought of spending $200 on stands when that could go to speakers. \:\(

You could wall mount the M22s as another option? There are wall anchors for brick and cement.

As for the M60s, I have mine a few inches away rom the wall and they sound fine. I have moved them out as well and there is only a slight difference in the bass.
I think I am going to go ahead and buy the M60's and a VP150. I sent the Axiom audo expert Brent a pic of my setup and he said it would be fine. Now I just need to find a good receiver!
I don't suspect you'll have a problem with the 60s. Where are you thinking of mounting the 150?
Glad to see you over here in the Axiom forum.

Based on your picture I think the M60s will do fine and may be better for you in the long run when you move out of the apartment. The 30” on each side will give you a little room to play with on the width and still use some toe-in if needed.

I also chose to put a little extra money toward getting floorstanding speakers rather than getting stands or hassling with wall mounts in my apartment.

If you use treatments you may find they are more need on the right wall if you pick up some reflections from it. My front wall is similar close on the right and open on the left. Toeing in helps even the left and right soundstages but I haven’t experimented with any treatments yet.
I was planning on mounting the center channel over the television.
 Quote:
I was planning on mounting the center channel over the television.
Careful not to thrust too enthusiastically or both of you may topple to the floor, or damage the television. Hey wait.... the center channels aren't ported.
I had to read that a couple times to get it....you really do have a sick mind!
© Axiom Message Boards