Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wayne scratchy noise from right m80ti - 12/30/02 09:49 AM
Hi,

I've had a pair of m80ti's for about 4-5 months now, and recently i've noticed that there is a scratchy static like noise coming out of my right m80ti, especially after an hour or so of playing, in home theater applications (dvd). I've never pushed the speakers that hard (i live in a rowhouse/brownstone) and have only touched reference level only for calibration purposes, so i know they haven't been overdriven.

the m80ti's and a vp150 center channel are being powered by an Acurus 125x5 (125watts to each), and the preamp is a Rotel 1066. My main source is a Toshiba Prog. Scan dvd player, and the tv is a Panasonic 56" HD monitor.

any insight into whats wrong with my axioms?

thanks!

w.

Posted By: tinfoilhat Re: scratchy noise from right m80ti - 12/30/02 11:19 AM
Swap your speakers and then see what happens. If you don't want to move the speakers, then just swap the wires. You have to isolate the problem first. It may be the amp, the source, or the speaker.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: scratchy noise from right m80ti - 12/30/02 05:23 PM
If after doing as tinfoilhat suggests, the static follows the cable switch, meaning it is the speaker, call Axiom. Their customer service is phenomenal in my experience.
© Axiom Message Boards