Axiom Home Page
I have the itch for a receiver upgrade while waiting for my M22s. What I want is an fairly inexpensive receiver with pre-outs to hook up a nad 5 channel amp. I am looking at the Denon 1907 for this. But what interests me is Sherwood Newcastle crossover system, where different x-over points can be set for mains, center, surrounds. I tried finding another amp like this but surprisingly didn't. Anyone know of other brands/models that do? Also are there any opinions on the x-brand receiver/nad amp pairing? I had a Nad T761 which I enjoyed very much so, until it blew up. So I'm hesitant of getting another NAD receiver.
I think most AVR's out there today offer seperate crossover settings for each speaker, versus one setting. It should say in the specification section for whatever ones your considering.
Don’t count on it Randy….. Many do not, including all the Marantz AVRS, the lower level Denons, Yamahas and HK’s.

I do know that the Denon 3808 allows independent X-over settings. I haven’t looked at the others.
Doesn't the HK635 have independent crossover settings? Seems like my speakers are all X-over'ed at different settings.
Rick, my HK7200 has independent crossover settings as well. I think Mike is saying some of the lower models don't. I don't really know if they do or not. I think the independent crossover setting is a must in all receivers--a feature I would not want to do without.
"lower end" HK's don't Richard. The 635 was "upper" end when it came out. HK's in general have a ton of features and tweaks that others do not. I'm hopeful that they will get their **** together again some day and get their QC back to where it was in the early days....
Posted By: Wid Re: looking for receiver with separate crossover - 11/11/07 04:30 PM
Yeah Richard, listen once and a while will ya \:D
Well he is getting "up there"....
Ha ha. Richard, I meant to imply that you have a higher end HK, as well. Sometimes it's good to be at the top. Let's take a moment and peer down our noses at those less fortunate. . .

Nah, that doesn't feel so good. \:\(
OK I do believe I've got it now fellas: Upper End vs Lower End, upper vs lower...etc. and so on \:D

I have had extremely good luck with our 635 during the past three or so years. I'm hoping whenever the time does come to upgrade to the new HDMI stuff I can get my hands on a receiver/processor that will give me equally as good of service, which at the moment seems to have my mind baffled ... which also, according to my bride of 26 years isn't a difficult task.

I'll probably forgo the separate crossover idea with what I want to do. Doesn't seem like its a big deal, especially if I go with M22's all round. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards