Axiom Home Page
Hello all:

I have the Epic Grand Master setup in my shopping cart and debating on getting floor stands for M22 and QS8.

Now I do own a 4 speaker setup from Aperion Audio (bought 2 years ago). I bought the stands for 532 left and right front speaker which is ~1/2 price of axiom stands. These are heavy and good quality metal stands.

Has anyone tried using a non axiom stands and have any issues with fitting?
I imagine the stands will be fine for the M22s, as long as they're the appropriate height, but of course the QS8s are a different matter, with the driver on the bottom. I'm using Axiom's stands for those, although many recommend 2-6' above ear level for the QS8s, which the stands do not provide. I plan on wall-mounting them when I finally move my system into the basement, but that's still a long way off.
If your going to use stands, they you'll have to contend with the bottom driver setup of the Q speakers. Wall mounting and ceiling mounting are a different matter, and you can use the supplied brackets or take the DIY method as most of us.
I think we're all gonna say the same thing.

For the M22s, if I already had stands I would definitely try using them and I would probably *make* them work even if they didn't fit at first.

For the QS8s, wall mount if you can. If not, either bite the bullet and get the Axiom stands (that's what I did, and I'm real happy with them) or plan to make something that looks like the stand for a basketball hoop and use the T-bracket that comes with the QS8 to mount the speaker to the stand. Did I mention wall mounting if you can ?
© Axiom Message Boards