Axiom Home Page
Posted By: hempy System pics and hello! - 02/12/08 10:35 PM
Hi all,

I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, and I have picked up a whole lot of great info, opinions and tips from everyone here - thanks! I figured that I might as well share a few pics of my HT setup, and of course any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.

My setup is pretty modest thus far, having been built up section by section, but I think it sounds great and I've had fun putting it together and setting it up. There are a few things that I'd like to change - for example neither Axiom centre channel would fit in the shelf where the current smaller Jamo centre is (and, FYI, putting it on the table or above the TV got the big veto by my significant other). Since I mostly listen to 2-channel music, it's not a huge deal.

Anyway, it's great to finally get something posted and join this great community here. Cheers!
Posted By: RickF Re: System pics and hello! - 02/12/08 10:38 PM
Wow, very nice indeed Hempy ... you have a very elegant, warm and inviting place, I really like it.

Welcome aboard!
Posted By: hempy Re: System pics and hello! - 02/12/08 10:39 PM
Thanks! Apologies if the pics are too large, I'm useless at this type of formatting.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: System pics and hello! - 02/12/08 10:59 PM
The air in there must be VERY fresh...I need more plants in my house \:\(

BTW, room looks awesome, nice M3s!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: System pics and hello! - 02/12/08 11:09 PM
The finish blends very smoothly with the decor; it's both complementing it and subdued. Gives me some ideas when I (finally) get a house and put some speakers in some living room/solarium.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: System pics and hello! - 02/12/08 11:17 PM
Very awesome room, now your giving my wife ideas on our decor, thanks. \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: System pics and hello! - 02/12/08 11:22 PM
I love this room. I have a feeling my wife would, too? Is it for sale? ;\)
Posted By: mike romo Re: System pics and hello! - 02/12/08 11:32 PM
very classy setup! I am waiting for some 60s to come in and will post some pics--you've inspired me!

nice work!
-mike
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 12:42 AM
Wow, hempy, nice room! Nice creative speaker stands. That is a very inviting decor you have.

You make me want to add plants to my place. \:\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 12:46 AM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy

Too much work. You make me want to move in.

Does your wife cook?

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Seriously, nice room!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 12:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy

Too much work. You make me want to move in.

Does your wife cook?

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Seriously, nice room!

\:D
Mark, I like yer thinkin'!
Posted By: CV Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 04:31 AM
Very nice room. Even with all of the stuff around, it still looks clean. The colors and arrangement are very nice. And I really like that coffee table.
Posted By: richeydog Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 06:17 AM
Very nice. Those speaker stands are way cool. All you need is a front projector and screen! \:D
Posted By: jakewash Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 10:31 AM
Very nice, way too clean.

The center channel being off center from the TV would drive me nuts! I would have tried for a TV/monitor stand to prop up the TV to give you enough room under it for an Axiom center and then it would be centered on the TV and I could then sleep easier.
Posted By: Murph Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 12:08 PM
Oh Great, now the poor guy HAS to buy new furnature or we all will have to put up with a grumpy Jason.

Seriously though, very nice place. Makes me wish I had some music playing right now.
Posted By: DaveG Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 02:45 PM
Hempy, Nice place you have there.
Posted By: jakewash Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 04:37 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Oh Great, now the poor guy HAS to buy new furnature or we all will have to put up with a grumpy Jason.

Seriously though, very nice place. Makes me wish I had some music playing right now.
I have no problem with his system being off center, only if mine was.\:\)
Posted By: hempy Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 05:19 PM
Thanks guys! I can't take any credit at all for the decorating - my girlfriend has a pretty good eye for it. The off-centre TV was a bit of a compromise, but it really doesn't bother me as much as it did when i first set it up. And in case you were wondering, the number of plants is mainly to compensate for the fact that it's winter here 6 months of the year - going that long without seeing any green would make me want to stick my head in the oven. Case in point - when I took these pictures, it was -31C outside and the window is opaque because it had 1/8" of frost on it.

Also, the speaker stands (both mains and surrounds) cost approximately $8-12 at your local Ikea.
Posted By: jakewash Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 07:26 PM
Another Albertan on the boards. You took the pics last week right?
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 08:57 PM
Beautiful room!

I love the plants and the color scheme. It must be very relaxing sitting in there with your eyes soothed by the colors and your ears soothed by the axiom speakers :-).

If you'd like to center your TV in between your M3's, try putting your TV on top of the Harmon Kardon Receiver and see how you like it. If you don't listen to TV through your Axiom setup, then it probably doesn't make a difference for you.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 09:06 PM
Hey!

Look Everyone!

It's DAN! \:\)
Posted By: hempy Re: System pics and hello! - 02/13/08 10:56 PM

I thought of stacking the TV on the receiver, but decided against it because the H/K puts out a lot of heat...and I also considered adding a little shelf for the TV that the centre could go under, but that would mean there would be no place for the receiver on the table. Of course, I could just find another place for it, but I'm too lazy and too cheap to buy longer cables for everything.

Yeah, I took these pics during the latest cold snap last weekend. If anyone from California wants to trade places with me, I'm sure we could set something up!
Posted By: ctown Re: System pics and hello! - 02/14/08 03:52 AM
Really nice setup. I almost didnt notice the surrounds with the way they blend into the foliage.

My only suggestion is that you need a larger TV. You can probably get a light temperature setting of 6300K which is very close to natural light and will optimize growing conditions. A minimum 60" set with Standard, Theatre and Hemp-grow-Pro settings can be practical and enjoyable... \:\)

BTW, if you need to bypass the electrical meter.....I know a guy (;
Posted By: duckman Re: System pics and hello! - 02/14/08 05:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: hempy
Thanks guys! I can't take any credit at all for the decorating - my girlfriend has a pretty good eye for it.

I knew a chick had to be involved in a room that beautiful.
Seriously, that is one of the more unique and inviting rooms I've seen, it has an earthy vibe to it I really dig.

That out of center tv would just knaw at me though.
Posted By: hempy Re: System pics and hello! - 02/14/08 05:49 PM
Hahahahaha - now there is one fine idea. I will likely be spending some of this year's tax return to move into the Blu-ray/HDDVD camp...I'll look for a panel with a "super-gro" setting.
Posted By: ctown Re: System pics and hello! - 02/15/08 03:49 AM
Funny thing is that Lee Valley sells lights for indoor growing that are 6300k and the standard for theatre settings is 6500k.
I dont really know if that much can be adjusted, but I thought maybe putting a big set in the room and running it might enhance growing.

I'm a salesman, so trying to "sell" the idea a bit. \:\) Somebody somewhere might win a set of new steak knives in Edm if you buy a new set from him.

Again, great looking setup. Enjoy.
© Axiom Message Boards