Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph Started Prewire & Rough In - First Question - 02/13/08 04:03 PM
I'm very exited now that I can say I'm getting started on the new room.

I ordered 250' of 12g inwall speaker cable from Monoprice (cheaper than even local Home Depot non-sheathed stuff) and I have about 50" left over from the house build so I'm GtG there. Also ordered a bunch of speaker wall plates. Boxes I can get local.

I was thinking of using RG6 to save money and justify adding more pre-wired sub locations. However, I can't seem to find a plate with a quick or a hex insert that converts F-Jack to RCA. I really thought that would be easy to find and would keep things connected securely inside the wall. No luck so far though.

There are lots of cable ends that go F-Jack to RCA but I would prefer to keep it simple with just one part per plate.

I'm wondering what everyone has used for wall plates in sub locations?
I used RG6 as sub cable in my in-law's system. I never looked for a Lutron snap-in F to RCA. I went full F type and just use a $1 adapter on the end of the sub cable. That part of the connector is hidden behind the sub anyways so it's a don't care.
I second Oldskools idea. Keep the F type until the sub connector then go RCA, you can find lots of coaxial rca connectors.
That's what I did with all of our RG6 cables throughout the whole room, terminated with F-connectors and then used the F-connector to RCA adapter.

I actually had an installer come in and do the terminations because they also checked for conductivity between all of the cables.
Parts express has what your looking for. I tried to find them but am short on time at the moment. I'll look again later.
Awesome Haoleb! I had already looked there but you seemed sure so I rechecked. I found the RCA to F adapters for round hole wall plates.

I'm all set now and can continue with my stubbornly complicated simplicity.

Thanks!!
© Axiom Message Boards