Axiom Home Page
Posted By: thefwam Onkyo 605 with Surround - 04/21/08 09:59 PM
I FINALLY made the jump and purchased my first Axioms. I got the VP100, M22s for mains, and a pair of QS8s for the surrounds, on their stands. I mostly use mine for movies and gaming, and I have been running my previous system with the Onkyo 605 Surround receiver which I have been happy with. Does anyone else run their system with this amplifier? If so, how has it done? I'd obviously love to run a 3808, but I think that will be a present for myself when we get into a house. Additionally I am also going to be saving up for a sub before that I think. I have a decent Sony sub, but it's nothing to brag about. I'm thinking EP350. Anyway, the question is how do those of you enjoy the 605 with the speakers, or are there none?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Onkyo 605 with Surround - 04/22/08 01:44 AM
Steve, I recall that a couple 605 users have posted here, but there'd be no special insights that they'd be likely to have. Any well-designed receiver, and your 605 is certainly that, will work well with the Axioms, which don't have any unusual amplifier requirements. Enjoy.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Onkyo 605 with Surround - 04/22/08 01:54 AM
I had the same speaker setup for 3 years before making the jump to the M80s. I ran mine with a Denon 1804, comparable to your Onkyo, and I loved that system and I am sure you will too.
Posted By: thefwam Re: Onkyo 605 with Surround - 04/22/08 02:30 AM
Thanks. I can't wait! now to wait the 3 weeks until they ship...
Posted By: DaveG Re: Onkyo 605 with Surround - 04/22/08 11:37 AM
Your 605 will work fine with your new speakers, enjoy them when they arrive.
© Axiom Message Boards