Axiom Home Page
I just purchased a used Mitsubishi 50" rear projection TV (VS-50501A). The TV is 3.5 years old and is in excellent condition. I bought it from a friend and know that it was well cared for. I paid $700 USD. Is that a fair deal? Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Television technology is moving very fast with the advent of plasma and LCD. For an example; I bought a Sony 36" XBR Direct View for about 2K U.S. a couple months ago and it has an awesome picture with the component video cable hook up and a Progressive Scan DVD, it looks almost as nice as the plasma but the 42" Sony Plasma is 6K. So do answer your question, I don't know! Go to Ebay and see if they are selling there and price it.

You didn't say whether or not it is HD ready. I would say yes it's a good price, if it is HD ready. I paid less than 2 grand (U.S.) for my 50" Toshiba. I wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe a 57".
50" was a little too big for me and I didn't want a projection TV, All XBR's are HDTV ready. I am happy with mine. I have to upgrade my speaker system, I have the Marartz 7300 Reciever and I am undecided on the speakers but, I want the Magnepan HT setup but it is over 3K and my room ins't big enough for them so I am swaying towards the Grand Master System. I have listened to the Paradigm's and they are okay but I little pricey for what you get.
I will decide soon!
I was referring to KC and his $700 Mits, not the Sony you have. I wasn't questioning the Sony XBR HD capabilities. I was giving my tv info as a point of reference in regards to the price he paid.
No...it isn't HD but I could care less. Not many stations are broadcasting in HDTV yet. Besides, the TV will mainly be used for DVDs.
Sounds like a great deal then.
An HDTV WOULD provide a better picture in DVD's. Very few if any reglar TV's are 480p, but all HDTV's are.
© Axiom Message Boards