Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Phil B Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/22/08 01:54 AM
Last night , after a year plus of lurking , lusting , drooling ,i finally purchased a pair of W22's , QS8's and a W150 centre for my family room. I have been planning on wall mounting my 50" Panny plasma for a while and wanted all speakers wall mounted to free up room ( room is 16 by 12 - 9ft ceilings ). I also have a newer Velodyne sub but that will be replaced in the next few months (EP500?? ). Since i mostly watch DVD's /Blu-Ray's , i can't wait to get this room set up and see what these can do!!

I was thinking of going with 4 QS8's but in this small room i think it might be overkill .... lol

I received the shipping email at 4:55 pm this afternoon .(now that's service!)

I'll post pics when i get it all set up.

Phil
Posted By: myrison Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/22/08 02:05 AM
Congrats Phil. I can't wait to hear what you think about the W-series. Please post back your impressions (and pictures!) once you get them installed.

Congrats again!

Jason
Posted By: JohnK Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/22/08 02:27 AM
Phil, welcome. Yes, there are relatively few reports on the W series and we'll be interested to read of your listening impressions. Enjoy.
Posted By: fredk Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/22/08 03:23 AM
...and pics.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/22/08 11:20 AM
Congrats on the new speakers.
Posted By: Murph Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/22/08 11:42 AM
Gratulations! That will be a fun project when they arrive. Be sure to send pics of the different stages of getting them into the wall.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/22/08 01:19 PM
Check Purator's Web-site. From Dwight to Oshama, there is a fair chance you'll the blissful "on vehicule for delivery".

Welcome aboard, and I join my voice in stating that we don't have much feedback on W-series and it will be welcome to have some.
Posted By: Phil B Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/23/08 12:07 AM
Well , i just got home .... and they're here!! WOW!! Like everyone says ... Axiom service is the best! So now it's either go out to dinner with the family .... or open 'em up \:\) . I'm getting the evil eye here ... would it be wrong to take the speakers to dinner with me? \:D

More to report later (gotta keep the WAF happy), Phil
Posted By: jakewash Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/23/08 03:24 AM
We are waiting.......
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/23/08 04:30 AM
for Vizzini?
Posted By: fredk Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/23/08 05:08 AM
Godot.
Posted By: CV Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 08/23/08 05:29 AM
For Guffman to exhale?
Posted By: Phil B Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 09/04/08 03:27 AM
Sorry for the delay . Got the speakers installed (so easy and does it ever look clean!) but have not set them up properly .... yet! We decided along the way to change the flooring, colour of the room and buy the HT couch while we're at it.So now i'm waiting for the new floor to be installed ( next week) and the couch will arrive in 6- 8 weeks.

The wife did take pictures of the speaker install along the way (i'll post soon)and they do sound great , a huge difference over the old Missions that were in there .So far i am very happy with them.More to come as soon as i set it up properly ( hopefully this weekend)

Phil
Posted By: DaveG Re: Awaiting my new in-wall speakers - 09/04/08 12:54 PM
Good luck on your project, look forward to your pics.
© Axiom Message Boards