Axiom Home Page
Posted By: patwho Speakers - 09/10/08 09:57 PM
Hello, I have a couple of questions for the forum. The first is I am noticing a hum noice in my center speaker when playing my blue-ray player. The second question is regarding speaker distance form receiver. I have an onkyo sr705. I did the calbration. The left front speaker is saying 12 foot but in reality it is only 6 foot. Is the calibration feet from the receiver or is it something else. All of the other speakers are off too. The third question is a quarter from zero, the subwoofer is making a hum. I have a 350V3. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted By: fredk Re: Speakers - 09/10/08 11:23 PM
Speaker distance is the distance from the main listening position to the speaker. Is that where you put the mic when you did the calibration?
Posted By: RickF Re: Speakers - 09/10/08 11:38 PM
If you have cable as your source of TV, and I suspect you might, the subwoofer hum *may* be a ground loop from your cable source ... make sure you have your TV cable well grounded. Regarding the Blu-Ray and the hum, I'd probably take a close look to make sure that particular series of cables has a tight connection on all inputs. Just a guess, so I could be and probably am way off base.
© Axiom Message Boards