Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Woot Deal of the Day.... - 09/22/08 11:25 AM
I don't know if anyone here has ever purchased from Woot before...

They only sell one item per day, usually at a fantastic price, and when they're gone, they're gone. I've purchased a few items from them and never had problems and their resellerrating isn't bad. Anyway, today's deal seemed phenomenal so I though I'd pass it on if anyone was interested:

Olevia 65” 1080p LCD HDTV for $2,299.99 and $5 shipping.

I have no idea if the display is any good; you'll have to research it on your own. Your mileage may vary.
Posted By: thefwam Re: Woot Deal of the Day.... - 09/22/08 02:06 PM
I never know what to think with olevia, especially at such a size. I can never find reviews, and I can't trust that the customer reviewers have anything decent to compare it to (you never can, not just in this case). A couple of years ago I was just wanting an inexpensive subwoofer for my modest HT and found a Sony one for about $100. Although the warning signs should've been going off, the customer reviews were all glowing about how it was all they'd ever need, etc etc. Well I learned my lesson about trusting consumer reviews on something that is cheapest in the category.

I just never know where to stand with Olevia. I also heard they filed for bankruptcy, so that's a little scary from a future service point of view
Posted By: The Ninja Re: Woot Deal of the Day.... - 09/22/08 03:00 PM
If it helps, I have purchased from wine.woot before; great service and the wine was darn good too \:D

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I don't know if anyone here has ever purchased from Woot before...

© Axiom Message Boards