Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 06:07 PM
For those that are interested, the History channel has ten episodes (hopefully in HD) of Band of Brothers the weekend of the 18th and 19th.

Anyone know if ten episodes comprises the whole series?

I've always wanted to see it... HD would be awesome. Looks like I just bought the TiVo extra hard drive just in time....!
Posted By: CV Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 06:10 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but the Blu-ray box set is one of the preorders I didn't cancel. My sister said I should definitely watch it.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 06:11 PM
Yes, 10 episodes. I'm waiting for it in Blu-ray (Nov 11).
Posted By: pmbuko Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 06:13 PM
The series was completely engrossing and involving and made me cry big man baby tears. I was alone at the time so I didn't hold back. It felt good.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 06:14 PM
Well don't cancel your orders, boys..... TiVo is not showing it as HD.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but probably not. That means the sound will suck, too. \:\(
Posted By: CV Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 06:15 PM
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
I'm waiting for it in Blu-ray (Nov 11).

Hey, that's Regina Spektor Day! Ha ha.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 06:53 PM
Thanks very much for the notification, Mark.

DirecTV is listing it as HD. Maybe the sound will only suck where you live.

I queued it up using the handy web interface. Very slick.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 07:12 PM
 Quote:
Maybe the sound will only suck where you live.

There are few certain things in this world, so when one does come up, why cast doubt?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 08:15 PM
Well, it'll do fine if it's Dolby Digital.

Mt ears have become square to match both the room and myself personally.... \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 09:11 PM
Pictures, please!!
Posted By: jakewash Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 11:55 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
I'm waiting for it in Blu-ray (Nov 11).

Hey, that's Regina Spektor Day! Ha ha.
I do hope you do realize it is Rememberance Day or in the US, Veteran's Day. It would seem to me to be a bad day to use for anything else.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: All About BOB.... - 10/13/08 11:59 PM
Yep, 10 episodes. There is one piece of the special material you do NOT want to miss. They interview a group of the surviving members (mostly the guys they flash on throughout the series). Pretty compelling stuff.

Pete, based on your post above, you better bring several hankies for the interviews!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 12:46 AM
Those are actually what made me cry. Of course, the actual episodes primed me for it.
Posted By: CV Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 03:48 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
I do hope you do realize it is Remembrance Day or in the US, Veteran's Day. It would seem to me to be a bad day to use for anything else.

I didn't realize that, though now that you mention it, I think it came up last year, too. I'm pretty oblivious to any holidays I don't actively celebrate. Anyway, you have a good point, but on the other hand, I wasn't REALLY trying to make it a holiday for anyone else. It's just my joke of a holiday, and the good news is that I don't know any veterans who are too self-important to share. It's not like other people don't share days. There are only so many days in the year, and a certain carpenter's son gets to share his days with a fat man and a bunny rabbit, so if they can get along, I don't see the harm.

Maybe I'll befriend a veteran at some point and reconsider, but for now, I'll have fun with what has significance for me, at the risk of being disrespectful.
Posted By: CV Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 03:50 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ray3
Pete, based on your post above, you better bring several hankies for the interviews!

I'm sure I'll get all choked up, too. I get teary-eyed over some of the most contrived fluff, so something with actual weight is guaranteed to do me in.
Posted By: jakewash Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 03:58 AM
CV, you can do and celebrate what ever you want, it is after all a free country\:\).
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 04:38 AM
I hereby declare tomorrow as Sean's Bellybutton Lint Day!!!!

You may all take the day off!
Posted By: CV Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 04:39 AM
Tomorrow can't come soon enough!
Posted By: jakewash Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 04:50 AM
Wooohooo! I could use another day off.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 11:00 AM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
I hereby declare tomorrow as Sean's Bellybutton Lint Day!!!!

You may all take the day off!

Seriously? You think ONE day is enough?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: All About BOB.... - 10/14/08 01:13 PM
At first, I was shooting for one of those Appreciation Months, but it didn't pan out.
© Axiom Message Boards