Axiom Home Page
Posted By: demetman It's Official! - 10/20/08 05:39 AM
I received the email yesterday that my Epic 60/500 has shipped! The whole system was ordered from the FO and this has been the longest 4 weeks ever. I am extremelly excited and a little nervous because I am aware of the challanges I face installing this rig for the first time. I'm running all my wires under my floor and in the walls to minamize wire exposure. I will also attempt to fabricate a shelf/enclosure to house the VP150 and place the 40" Bravia on top of. I'm sure I will be extremelly inquisitve and ask you very knowledgable people for for advice. Thanks for your help so far. One happy camper!
Demetrios
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: It's Official! - 10/20/08 05:48 AM
Very nice, Demetrios! Nothing like getting new toys. Let us know what you think of the speakers when you get them hooked up.
Posted By: Murph Re: It's Official! - 10/20/08 12:13 PM
Funny thing, I actually get a little exited when I hear about somebody just ordering or receiving a new system. Kind of like when I hear on the radio that school has been canceled due to a snow storm. I know it doesn't effect me anymore but it still makes me smile.

Have fun!!!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: It's Official! - 10/20/08 12:30 PM
Congrats! DMan, your in for a treat. \:\)
Posted By: DaveG Re: It's Official! - 10/20/08 12:54 PM
The wait is almost over, don't forget to share pics of you system.
Posted By: myrison Re: It's Official! - 10/20/08 01:00 PM
Demetman -

Congrats, exciting news!

If you're wiring under the floor, make sure you have proper clearance so that the wires don't wear over time due to friction on them from people walking on the floor. This would be more likely to be a problem if you are running wires under carpeting, which it doesn't sound like you're doing, but I wanted to mention it to be sure.

You're to the tail end of the wait... enjoy!

Jason
Posted By: pmbuko Re: It's Official! - 10/20/08 02:49 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Congrats! DMan, your in for a treat. \:\)

You're in for the best audio experience of your life.

sorry, grammarbot made me do it!
Posted By: fredk Re: It's Official! - 10/20/08 04:19 PM
Yep. Yer in fer a treat!
Posted By: medic8r Re: It's Official! - 10/20/08 04:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
sorry, grammarbot made me do it!

(grieving) *sigh*
Posted By: 80'sMan Re: It's Official! - 10/21/08 08:08 AM
Congrats! I got my new Axiom system a couple months ago. It has surpased my expectations! I'm still going through my movie collection. It's like watching (listening) to everything for the first time again.
Posted By: jlcolle Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 02:06 AM
Congradulations on the new system. I purchased the same one and still trying to fridge things out with the setup. I so totally know what you are saying about new challenges. My system is far from being perfect, but always remember one thing that I was told on here, take your time and read the manuals. I have lots of questions coming on the forums soon to try and understand the new toys of mine also. From what I have heard so far from mine you will not be disappointed at all. Enjoy and keep the peace with the neighbors.
Posted By: demetman Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 04:33 AM
There Here! Well folks, I received a call from wifey today at work informing me that she came home to 8 large Axiom boxes stacked on our porch from fedx. My wife is a tough cookie and kindly dragged all boxes inside with exception of the EP500. I had the agony of spending 5 more hours at work before I could come home and gauk at my new speakers. Boxes arrived in decent shape and after removing 1 of each speaker and immediately connecting a M60, I must say I am very impressed with the look of the speakers. Black oak will fit very well with my set up and I can't wait ti get sterted. Tomorrow I am off from work and will begin organizing things. My livingroom looks like a scene from a war movie and I will certainly take pics as things progress. Wish me luck.

Demetrios
Posted By: CV Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 04:39 AM
Good luck. Can't wait to hear what you think of it, and see how it turns out in your room.
Posted By: Graeme L Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 09:22 AM
Congrats \:\)

Xmas came early ? \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 11:26 AM
I love this part, the setup, the tweaking, the amazed listening. Hope you have a blast.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 12:39 PM
awesome, can't wait to hear your feedback. \:\)
Posted By: myrison Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 01:46 PM
Also, we have to commend you on your advanced planning to take the day after speaker arrival off work. I know I wish I would have as well!

Jason
Posted By: jakewash Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 03:14 PM
Congrats! As Jason noted, very good planning on taking the day off. I just cut back on my sleep(only got about 2hrs,IIRC) for my first delivery, luckily my M80s arrived on a Friday, so Saturday was tweaking day.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 03:21 PM
Welcome! What a glorious day in perspective!
Posted By: Hansang Re: It's Official! - 10/23/08 11:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: demetman
There Here! Well folks, I received a call from wifey today at work informing me that she came home to 8 large Axiom boxes stacked on our porch from fedx. My wife is a tough cookie and kindly dragged all boxes inside with exception of the EP500. I had the agony of spending 5 more hours at work before I could come home and gauk at my new speakers. [snippage]
Demetrios

I'm afraid we'll have to deduct some man points for not immediately shoving your fingers down your throat to induce vomiting. At which point you clearly had to go home sick to "rest"! \:\)
Posted By: demetman Re: It's Official! - 10/24/08 05:13 AM
Just checking in to report the progress of my day with my new system. First thing I did after guzzeling 20oz of home brew coffee was unpack and inspect all speakers. That was a big job all in itself. Even though my whole purchase(M60's,QS8's,EP500,VP150)was from the factory outlet the speakers arrived in excellent condition with only a subtle blemish or two. I immediately wired up the M60's and was very impressed with the clean detailed and well balanced sound that permiated the room. Next was the sub. I placed the EP500 in the right rear corner of my room firing into the side wall(don't worry I will post pics when complete). I used a 1" drill bit and drilled through my floor to run 30ft rca cable through my unfinished basement and back up through the floor to my receiver. I adjusted the sub acording to the manual and was pleased with the bass the sub immediately produced. The center speaker was also connected which further enhanced the upper frequency range. I need more time to fabricate an enclosure/shelf so my tv can sit ontop of and allow the center speaker to fit into my tv stand. Unfortunately I wont't have time to audition/install QS8's until Tuesday of next week. This should prove to be challenging as I will attempt to mount the speakers to the rear wall and run the wires through the wall under the floor and back up to the receiver. Last will be speaker calibration and tweaking. I read all my manuals, took my time with the wiring using banana plugs and moved the towers and sub around to find a nice blend. I am thoroughly pleased so far and haven't even calibrated the speakers and optimized sub placement yet. Thanks for everyone's input. To be continued.
Posted By: myrison Re: It's Official! - 10/24/08 02:45 PM
Awesome Demetrios, congrats! Sounds like you've been very busy. We'll look forward to the pictures.
© Axiom Message Boards