Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Kwoksun Using Rocketfish Wireless Set on QS4/8s? - 10/30/08 03:58 AM
I want to use wireless transmitter for rear surround speakers like QS4/8's. Will I get good result?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Using Rocketfish Wireless Set on QS4/8s? - 10/30/08 04:09 AM
If your goal is to minimize the wires, then you'll have a good result. Keep in mind, though, that the receivers that you need to connect to the QS4/8s do need to be powered, so you'll at least have a thin black cord running to the speakers.

If your goal is to have great audio, then your result might not be so good. I can't speak from personal experience, but I have a feeling you won't get the same fidelity from most wireless audio transmitters as you would with speaker wire. There may be some great products out there though. Did you have a specific product in mind?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Using Rocketfish Wireless Set on QS4/8s? - 10/30/08 05:34 AM
It sounds very appealing to me, at least as a B speaker kit. If you already have the kit, I see no reason why it would perform poorly with the QS8s, assuming it performs fine with your existing speakers. And at $100 a pop, it's pretty much a no brainer.

In general, I think I would prefer a solution with a line level input in addition to the speaker level, but for a surround setup, it might just work. Be sure to pay attention to the addendum at the end of the review off of the Rocketfish site--looks like there could be issues with regularly powered receivers as opposed to HTiBs.

Peter--see the title of the thread.
Based on the specifications I don't think your going to get the performance most people would want when buying such good speakers. Will sound come out, yes.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Using Rocketfish Wireless Set on QS4/8s? - 10/30/08 07:41 PM
Further reading on the review indicates that the decent receiver/impedance problem has been fixed.

There are a few other possibilities out there for wireless, but I don't know that anyone on these boards has actually tried any of them.
© Axiom Message Boards