Axiom Home Page
Posted By: audiodreamer HDMI cable type - 12/07/08 09:17 PM
With everyone's experience would you chose a cable, the same way you would chose speaker wire.
Posted By: SRoode Re: HDMI cable type - 12/07/08 09:26 PM
Yep, I'd buy them all from monoprice.
Posted By: jakewash Re: HDMI cable type - 12/07/08 11:06 PM
HDMI cables and speaker cables are not doing the same thing, with speaker wiring you have to worry about current flow meaning a thicker guage is required. For HDMI cables there is very little current so wire gauge isn't as important.

I would follow Steve's advice and buy your HDMI cables from monoprice as their wires have been proven to be very efficient with HDMI, for way less money.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: HDMI cable type - 12/07/08 11:14 PM
All of my interconnects and speaker wire for my system are from http://www.bluejeanscable.com. I have had nothing but positive experiences with their products and service.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: HDMI cable type - 12/08/08 12:13 AM
S/B able to get 6 ft for less than $10 and be just fine.
Posted By: myrison Re: HDMI cable type - 12/08/08 01:07 AM
The only time to look to spend a bit more money on an HDMI cable is if you're doing a very long run. I have a ~35' run to my projector and as a result purchased one of the more expensive cables rated for longer runs from bluejeanscable. For all of the rest of my HDMI cables that are 10' or less, I went with Monoprice.

All of the cables perform just as you'd expect them to. Hard to go wrong with either seller.

Jason
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: HDMI cable type - 12/08/08 01:17 AM
Buying certain HDMI cables from Blue Jeans Cables right now means you'll be helping fight the good fight against Monster Cable. From the article on Audioholics, Kurt is donating a certain percentage of the proceeds from his sales to help in the lawsuit against Monster Mini Golf.
Posted By: audiodreamer Re: HDMI cable type - 12/09/08 12:09 AM
I checked out blue jeans web site. I appreciate all of the info from all of you and from BJC. It is amazing to see the huge price difference between them and others. Apparently all of the cables use copper conductors, with some plating only the ends with a precious metal and jacking the price by $100+. Thanks again
Posted By: terzaghi Re: HDMI cable type - 12/09/08 01:24 AM
I bought a 10 foot 1.3a HDMI cable from monoprice for about five bucks. Works perfectly.
© Axiom Message Boards