Axiom Home Page
the model # escapes me, but they are the first to make a universal (DVD A and SACD and BluRay) for a small fortune of about 4000 clams.

any review would be appreciated.
Denon at $4000? Not even a consideration when you understand the new forthcoming(Feb./March) "Oppo" BDP-83 will have AT LEAST the equal amount of features, considerably better tech support for a little more than a tenth of the price. Denon products, especially their DVD players of most models, especially their Blu-Ray units, have always been grossly overpriced. In this day and age with concurrent generations of Blu-Ray players gradually coming down in price with added features and improved operational capabilities, it just doesn't make any sense to spend anywhere near the kind of money that would be required to purchase this particular new Denon player. For some reason, they have decided to produce a "large" and "heavy" so-called "flagship" player that offers the perception of something that is going to blow everything else out of the water performance wise, when in reality, it just is not going to be the case.
I agree, I'm waiting for the new OPPO also, Denon makes some great products, but Imo their Blu-ray players are way overpriced.
Ditto on the Oppo, after I figure out my lighting situation (has been many months without finding anything) and get that Sammy 58 inch plasma!
I thnk Oppo is going to have a hard time keeping up to demand for this player.

ALL of Denon's players are over priced for some reason. The 1940 is $369 MSRP while a similar Oppo 981HD is $229. Although I think now the 1940 could be bought for the same $229.
I think it would be rather stupid of them to not make a very large first run. I think everyone in the industry is goo-goo ga-ga over the unit and I would presume they are aware of it.
© Axiom Message Boards