Axiom Home Page
Posted By: IceFrk13 M22Ti - 04/12/03 04:00 PM
Hello All,
I am fairley new to HT and am in the process f building a system. Alas I am in Salt Lake City so i do not have the opertunity to actually audition these speakers. I have read a lot about them and am very intrested. I have a fairley small room. It is 13x15 with vaulted celings. My listening position is about 10 Feet back. Equipment I have is:

Mitsubishi 48311
Denon 1803

One of the possibilites for a system is:
M22Ti
Vp150
Q8's

Also Is it possible to wall mount the m22Ti on the side walls?

Thanks for all your info.
PS
I have auditioned Paradigm, Klipsh and Def-tech so far. I do like the Paradigm the best at this point. I still want to go listen to b&w and Energy. I have about 1500.00 (US) to spend on L/F/R and surronds. I do have a decent Pioneer sub that will be upgraded in the long run.
Posted By: fhw Re: M22Ti - 04/12/03 05:13 PM
Dollar-for-dollar, your proposed Axiom seutp will easily outshine the other brands. Definitive Technology speakers have a bad habit of blowing fuses on their built-in amps, and Klipsch speakers don't offer nearly the value. I've auditioned B&Ws and thought they were overpriced.

Paradigm makes great speakers for any budget, at your price point Axiom will almost certainly be the better buy.

It is possible to wall-mount the M22, with the appropriate wall bracket.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: M22Ti - 04/12/03 07:34 PM
Can you wall mount a rear ported main like the M22. I'm asking for future reference.
Posted By: sushi Re: M22Ti - 04/12/03 11:17 PM
In reply to:

Can you wall mount a rear ported main like the M22.

Should be no problem, as long as you use a mount that creates more than 3-4" of clearance behind. There are many nice mounts around, such as the Vogel's.
Posted By: JohnK Re: M22Ti - 04/13/03 12:50 AM
Ice, I think that you'd be very happy with the Axiom setup you propose. So far as the mounting of the M22s, if you really meant the side walls, you shouldn't do that. As sushi pointed out, as long as the rear port is at least 3-4" from the wall behind it, thats okay, but you should have them along the front wall, separated about 8' and raised about 1 1/2' from the floor. The basic idea is to have the woofer cones at unequal distances from the floor and each of the two nearest walls.
Posted By: IceFrk13 Re: M22Ti - 04/13/03 03:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I will most likly use stands.
Posted By: IceFrk13 Re: M22Ti - 04/13/03 03:47 PM
I was going to mount them Parallel to the side walls.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: M22Ti - 04/14/03 03:44 AM
I am currently using the M22ti as mains and the VP150 center, and am very happy. I intend to purchase the QS8's in the near future. As long as you have a nice sub to fill out the low end, you should be thrilled with this set up. I've recently been doing a ton of research in upgrading my sub, and have finally settled on the Hsu VTF-2.

I also A/B'd the M22ti vs. the Energy C-3 in my home, and there is no contest - the M22 is FAR clearer and cleaner sounding than the Energy. (and cost's $100 less!)

Enjoy you're new HT!

Craig

Posted By: fmowry Re: M22Ti - 04/15/03 10:50 AM
That's the setup I have except I just got QS4s for surround and I must say, Wow. This is a great setup. When I build my sub my system will be complete.

Frank
Posted By: spiffnme Re: M22Ti - 04/21/03 07:12 PM
Just got the Hsu VTF-2 this weekend. Wow! M22ti and Hsu VTF-2 make a terrific pair!
© Axiom Message Boards