Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LRA my pics! - 03/16/09 10:24 PM
my current setup

I kept talking about it, here it is.

VSX-1018
Optoma hd65 & 120" display surface (wall)
2xM22ti
2xQS8
1xVP100

1x 12" psb sub

my room is around 14x14 (dimensions are changing every day!!!) one day I will remember the correct measure! :-)

Quick recap:
I'm wondering if M80 would be worth their price in my setup. The wife needs to find the upgrade worth the money.
Posted By: LRA Re: my pics! - 03/16/09 10:33 PM
I also posted the Axiom AX1.5 from my computer room..
Posted By: Spoiler Re: my pics! - 03/16/09 10:37 PM

Beautiful home and setup LucRaymond! Love the dark woods..
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: my pics! - 03/16/09 10:38 PM
You have a beautiful house, and quite the computer set up!!

Looks awesome!
Posted By: LRA Re: my pics! - 03/16/09 11:06 PM

I reposted cleaner pics of my computer room and added pictures from the master bedroom... there is a AudioVideo Receiver in every rooms..

I will post pics from the family room another time!
:-)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: my pics! - 03/16/09 11:20 PM
You have a very lovely home!

I like that you have many systems - that is kind of like how my house is set up.

Unless you think that the M22's are not "loud" or "full" enough, I'm not sure that your wife would find the upgrade very meaningful.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 12:24 AM
Very nice! I wish my house was that clean.
Posted By: ghost271 Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 12:55 AM
Very Nice setup Luc !

I was sort of in the same situation as you are in regards to the room size and speakers. Exception being that my room is totally enclosed. I was going to do the M22s as well and figured I'd just go for the M60s as I've been wanting floor standers for awhile now. The M80s would be WAY too big and also require a reciever that can handle a 4 OHM load. Im not convinced my 663 can and the last thing I'd need is to have to buy another reciever. The wife would lose it.
Posted By: fredk Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 01:38 AM
Thats a beautiful room and a very nice setup Luc. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 01:54 AM
Your house is comfortably stylish. I like it a lot. If I were a serial type of bad person, I might have to take it from you. ;\)
Posted By: bridgman Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 02:16 AM
Very nice. I really like the style of your house... particularly the half wall and the mix of wood floors with stone "wall" behind the fireplace.
Posted By: Official Ninja Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 02:49 AM
Your house is beautiful, and full of really nice stuff. \:\)

Posted By: LRA Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 03:06 AM
thank you all for the positive reviews, but I guess I could accept a few negatives if my speakers are not in an optimal position.

I need to create a wood frame around our projected image. The projection wall is entirely painted white. I will repaint the side and bottom and it should be prettier.

We also have a nice family room downstairs. I will probably post pictures soon. I also have a AVR+TV+DVD in the gym/workshop area but the decoration is a little rough in that room.

The bathrooms are still free of any electronic devices! :-)
Well hoping that a Nintendo DS doesn't count!!
Posted By: CV Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 04:13 AM
I'm jealous, Luc.
Posted By: RickF Re: my pics! - 03/17/09 11:16 AM
Very nice!
Posted By: agarwalro Re: my pics! - 03/20/09 04:49 PM
Wow! That is one gorgeous setup!
Posted By: LRA Re: my pics! - 03/21/09 12:57 PM
When we watch a movie we turn a couch (or both) so they are facing the projection wall. This place the QS8 in our back and not to our sides. Should I move them to the side instead?

I intend to get a vp150, I could even hook my old vp100 in our back to create a 6.1 system. But I don't know if this would be a good idea.

I pulled my wife in the upgrade madness and she wants the m80+new sub+ an additional pair of QS8.. for our modest 14x14 room

Like the pics shows, we have an open space, we don't feel surrounded by the sound. For front we feel a good stereo separation but could be improved for the back.

should I move my QS8 on the side
Posted By: jakewash Re: my pics! - 03/21/09 07:04 PM
Yes the Qs8's should be to the sides you could run some M2s as rears although I think they may be to far to the sides as mounted right now, You could loose them in the surround sounds from the QS's
Posted By: LRA Re: my pics! - 03/21/09 09:23 PM

Now that we had the chance to see Familyman's setup, my wife wants a second pair of QS8. That and the M80........... and the VP150 ............. and a power amp.
Posted By: jakewash Re: my pics! - 03/21/09 09:27 PM
Hang onto your wife!! And congrats on the M80's, VP150 QS8's ;\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: my pics! - 03/21/09 09:42 PM
Haha! talk about having your cake and eating it too!
© Axiom Message Boards