Axiom Home Page
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/subs/f12se.html

just ran across this website and noticed the Frequency Response (Anechoic) 14 Hz - 100 Hz (-2dB @ 14 Hz).....seems great for a $950 sub...So the price is somewhere between the 350 and 500. Going down to 14hz at -2db WOW!!! has anyone heard this sub?
specs look ok. are they reputable. 30 trial. call and ask for the fine print. if you like it you keep. if not send it back.

Ascend is a very good co. to buy from.
I assume it is the same company that makes Ascend speakers, they are mentioned a lot on other forums.
I've heard good things about Ascend's speakers, but I don't think they had any subs the last time I looked at their site.
Looks very nice. Probably trades off less maximum output (loudness) for deeper bass extension, but if it handles moderate overload in a reasonably civilized way it could be a great performer.
A link to the comapany that is really making the sub(Ascend is their exclusive distributor) and yes Rythmik is considered to be a very good sub.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products.html
Unless it's just my current lack of caffeine, I don't see anywhere where it gives output levels.

Of course, in my small room, I'm more interested in extension than output levels.

We're still talking subs, right?
Posted By: CV Re: Anyone heard of ascendacoustics.com subs..... - 03/17/09 01:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
We're still talking subs, right?

Yes, "subs."
Rythmik used to have output graphs on their site. I can't find them at the moment. I think Mark is right to a point; the technology compromises output for accuracy to some degree.

Personally, I'm seduced by this setup. I like the Servo concept, I like the idea of a sealed sub, and Brian at Rythmik has been working this particular technology for a fairly long time now. He has a good handle on the amps (which are his design) and the drivers seem very robust (Adapted TC Sounds, I think?).

When/if I get a second sub, I'm emotionally committed to the idea of buying a Rythmik kit and building a stealth installation (like an end table or something). Unless I can get Mark to build it for me. \:\)
Tom, Mark can build anything...remember, he made a bass trap out of his dog.
Thanks for the Rythmik link....very interesting stuff. After reading through the info, I'd be curious to hear what the folks at Axiom say about this since the technology seems to be a contrast to what Axiom builds.
I doubt they want to get into public discussions about the comparative benefits and ills of speaker, amp, box or doggie-Bass-Traps designs in terms of specific competitors. Just no upside for them.
I doubt Axiom will get into the specific public disscusions about other competititors. Its not very proffesional and IMO unethical (unless in defense of being uncessarily attacked by direct competitors).

Originally Posted By: Dr.House
I doubt Axiom will get into the specific public disscusions about other competititors. Its not very proffesional and IMO unethical (unless in defense of being uncessarily attacked by direct competitors).

It was not a discussion of a particular competitor I was looking for, it was a discussion of the technologies: Direct Servo and the more conventional sub design Axiom uses and why.
There was a fairly lengthy discussion on this topic some time ago. I searched for the link and cannot find it. My recollection is that, basically, Axiom believes their design is better. I think Alan might have chimed in to that effect, but can't be sure.
I wouldn't be surprised to find it in one of Alan's question-posts.
© Axiom Message Boards