Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 04:02 AM
Is anyone actually going to order these through the Owner's Club offer? I'm not currently in the market for a system like that, but I'm still curious how they end up performing.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 04:09 AM
tossing it around for the upstairs living room's new Plasma.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 04:10 AM
I think JP is probably the most likely candidate, as he's still running Blose in one of his rooms.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 04:20 AM
I'm anxious to see this new connection Ian mentioned in the article. Sounds like a less evasive way without cutting huge holes in your wall.
Posted By: duckman Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 04:50 AM
I've been wanting an EP 400 and this deal would make the 5 accents verrry tempting. Perhaps a bedroom as well as pc system.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 10:24 AM
I thought the EP400 deal was really tempting as well, though I would use the 400 with another system!

JP still has Blose?

I guess it's always the "quiet neighbor" that no one "ever would have suspected"...

Wow, to think I kinda liked the guy.....
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 12:59 PM
Everyone will be happy to know that with our move, we have disconnected the BOSE Lifestyle 15 system that was in our living room. Now we just have sound through the TV. I'm not noticing a lot of difference.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 12:59 PM
Must not be a very good TV.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 01:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Must not be a very good TV.

Or very ordinary ears! \:\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 01:17 PM
Ha, and ha!

Mark, now that I have your address, expect a big cardboard box full of Blose any day.

Hey, maybe they'll cure your sucky room, since two negatives make a positive!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 02:52 PM
You think that address was my REAL one? HA!

And I suppose you think I really had "Mother" issues too?

{{ twitch...facial tic...twitch-twitch }}
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 03:15 PM
<hypnotize>From now on, whenever you hear the word "elephant", you will make an elephant noise and wave your arm around like a trunk.</hypnotize>
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 03:21 PM
Wasn't necessary, JP. He already does this.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 03:24 PM
how much are these things from the owners club? How much will they be on official release?

Thanks.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 03:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: Ajax
Wasn't necessary, JP. He already does this.

And I don't even wait for the secret word! \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 03:57 PM
Will you guys be here all week? How's the prime rib?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 04:00 PM
JP will be. We make him mop the floors while Jack and I count the money.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 04:03 PM
As always, there's a two drink minimum.

Don't forget to tip your waitress!

"Heather" was her name, IIRC...
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 05:25 PM
And she was hot, IIRC.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 05:37 PM
Yeah, and she served really good French fries, or pommes frites as you so-fist-uh-cated types call 'em.
Posted By: LRA Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 05:43 PM
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
Yeah, and she served really good French fries, or pommes frites as you so-fist-uh-cated types call 'em.

pommes frites is wrong, in french it's 'frites' alone.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 05:50 PM
They were Belgian. \:\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 06:02 PM
We talkin' fries or waffles here?

So who is going to order the Accent system to report to the rest of us?

We got Peter reviewing receivers already....
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 06:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
how much are these things from the owners club? How much will they be on official release?

Thanks.

From the newsletter:

Quote:
Exclusive to the Owners Club
Pre-order your Axiom Accent Surround System and subwoofer by April 18th, midnight EST and get the entire 5.1-channel system for $798.00 USD, including the EP125 subwoofer. Click here to take advantage of this exclusive offer. The regular price of the Accent 5.1 system will be $998.00 USD, including Axiom’s five-item discount of 5%. The Accent system with the EP400 DSP subwoofer, Owners Club price, is $1,349.00 USD. Owners Club price for each Accent Satellite is $110.00 USD; the regular price will be $135.00 USD each.

Posted By: StuntGibbon Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 06:59 PM
Too small! My woman demands much larger audio gear.

Also are these generally supposed to sound like audiobytes?
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Accent - 03/19/09 07:11 PM
Hmm that's two newsletters in a row I didn't get. I should never have included Alan as a wise old crow spirit in my cartoon.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Accent - 03/20/09 04:42 AM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Hmm that's two newsletters in a row I didn't get. I should never have included Alan as a wise old crow spirit in my cartoon.

I'm going to guess it wasn't the "wise" part that bit you.
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Accent - 03/20/09 12:16 PM
 Originally Posted By: StuntGibbon
Too small! My woman demands much larger audio gear.

Also are these generally supposed to sound like audiobytes?

I thought "size doesn't matter".
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Accent - 03/20/09 05:48 PM
Keep believing that \:\)
Posted By: liquidchaos Re: Axiom Accent - 03/20/09 09:33 PM
What do these look like?
Posted By: HAY Re: Axiom Accent - 03/21/09 04:29 AM

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Accent - 03/21/09 04:41 AM
*Ian not included.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Accent - 03/21/09 04:44 AM
Hey, he may be included if he refuses to let go of the naked one.
Posted By: liquidchaos Re: Axiom Accent - 03/21/09 09:29 AM
Ah nice, thank you...they look rather thin. On walls?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Accent - 03/21/09 09:51 AM
Yes, with a special mounting bracket that acts as the binding post for the speaker as well. The speaker wire connects to the mount and the speaker slides down onto the mount locking it in place with contacts on the speaker.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Axiom Accent - 03/21/09 03:49 PM
Very nice looking for a HTIB type of speaker (probably with a much better sound)

If I manage to find a house that has a game room/den or something to put my HT gear I will consider putting these in the living room.. Then again I will prolly go with m22's, vp100, qs8, ep350 or something... ( maybe on wall versions of the front speakers). then I can put some accents in the master bedroom. You can never have too much surround sound right?

While I am at it I might as well throw some audiobytes and algonquins into the shopping cart.. oh and an ep400 to go with the accents and and epzero to go with the computer speakers.

Dang... Axiom just has TOO much stuff I want. Maybe I should just buy a Tshirt or something and call it good.

Posted By: StuntGibbon Re: Axiom Accent - 03/21/09 06:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi

Dang... Axiom just has TOO much stuff I want. Maybe I should just buy a Tshirt or something and call it good.

But, think of this way. If you buy all the speakers you're talking about, I bet you could persuade them to throw in a free t-shirt! It's all about saving money. ;\)
Posted By: michael_d Re: Axiom Accent - 03/23/09 01:46 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
Is anyone actually going to order these through the Owner's Club offer? I'm not currently in the market for a system like that, but I'm still curious how they end up performing.

I’ll be ordering some. Some for me, and a system for a buddy of mine. As soon as I get more information from Axiom on how they mount, and if I can get them in a real wood finish, I’ll place the order.

In my case, I need two very small speakers for a use as surrounds. I have one TV area in the house where my boy and his friends hang out and play Wii. They will go there.

For my buddy, he has been bugging me to set up a surround system for his house for about three years now. I haven’t done anything with it because he wants “small” speakers. He was going to buy some Bose cubes, but I talked him out of that. I almost had him talked into some Q’s and M3’s, but even those were too big for him. I sent him my owner’s letter and he likes these little fellers. In his words "finally get me".

His room is less than ideal. It’s a basic A frame design. The room is all open and quite large for small speakers. If it were my house, I’d use towers and an EP 800. He wouldn’t go for that though…

The L/R/C will go on this wall, somewhere. He also wants a new TV, so I’ll have to get that and mount it before I can figure out where to put the speakers.

The Surround speakers have to go on this wall. Wire has been pulled to J-boxes that are to the right and left of the upper row of windows.

Some more shots of the room.....

I'm not sure if the basic white or real wood in a pine finish would be better. I'm not a designer and have no taste.... Neither does my buddy.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Axiom Accent - 03/23/09 02:02 PM
Beautiful open concept home! reminds me of some of the Viceroy model homes I've been in.

How does one find info on the Owners Club...is there a secret handshake or where do find out about it?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Accent - 03/23/09 02:21 PM
I'm going to have to have to start avoiding any of your posts with pictures in them. \:o I want to move in.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Accent - 03/23/09 03:55 PM
Cool house.

I'd mount the TV lower and try to get all three front speakers on the same wall as the TV. Probably the wood finish for those.

I'd be tempted to get eggshell or white speakers for the surrounds, though.

Mike, you have exquisite taste.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Axiom Accent - 03/23/09 04:23 PM
Peter, I think you just want to move to Alaska. Ya do know that there are a lot of IT jobs here don’t you? All the oil companies have large IT departments.

I was thinking white for the surrounds too Tom. Either that or go with knotty pine in a satin finish. I suppose it’s either try to blend in, or make them stand out and look like they belong there.

He wants to get a larger TV. Probably a Sony 42” or 46”. It’ll have to get moved towards the left and dropped some.

I’m going to cheat and order him the EP400. It would be cool if I can get that in Teak. That’s what all his wood furniture is. It’s all hand carved stuff he brought back from Thailand.

The speakers aren’t really for kick but movie experiences, but for music when he has one of his house parties. It’ll be interesting to see how much sound these little fellers put out.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Accent - 03/23/09 09:39 PM
I am thinking in a room of that size the Accents are going to be underwhelming.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Axiom Accent - 03/24/09 04:48 PM
My thoughts exactly. My buddy isn't an audiophile or even an avid listener for that matter. He doesn't even spend much time at home. He has his own engineering firm and it keeps him moving all over the state, country and Canada. Plus, he just likes to travel. He probably spends three-four months a year on vacation in addition to his business travels. Considering that I probably spend more time in his house than he does, it’s pretty hard for me to give him too much crap about his A/V system.
© Axiom Message Boards