Axiom Home Page
Posted By: davekro "Official" Denon 3810 discussion. - 03/23/09 02:16 AM
Is a Denon 3810 a rumor or a fact?

I mentioned a possible 3810 on another thread and Mark asked...
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Dave, your mention is the first I've heard about a new receiver coming....

Can anyone else confirm this? Not that I'm assuming your dealer is lying, but usually something is leaked to forums....

I would love to here from others here on whether this possibility has merit, so I started a new thread. I think one or two others may be curious. ;\)

Mark,
I know peeps, dude! ha, ha!
Over on AVS Forums I heard talk of a new model successor to the 3808 (guessed maybe in the May'ish time frame).

When I was at my local dealer speaking with the shop owner, I said I had heard a rumor of a 3810 and did he know what and when. He just said "June". When I asked about what features might be added, he said absolutely no word, they are being very tight lipped, as usual.

Two posts from jdsmoothie on AVS:
1)
 Originally Posted By: JDsmoothie
 Originally Posted By: GaryJ
I think verification from a few more sources is in order before spreading rumors around.

Hardly a rumor when it comes straight from the Dir of Prod Dev (Jeff Talmadge aka DenonJeff).

Originally Posted By: JohnAV
If that was the case then I suspect the 3810 would be the other model.

I'm guessing you are probably correct.

(For the original post, do AVS advanced search for: User: jdsmoothie Keyword: 3810)

2)
 Originally Posted By: JDsmoothie
A 1910 is doubtful. The other new model release would most likely be the 3810. Denon will be making a formal announcement in April as to the new model releases.

For guesses on what features that might be good to add to the next 38xx, there is a (short) discussion on AVS. Search: ' Any info on the upcoming Denon 3809? '

Got any thoughts or opinions?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: "Official" Denon 3810 discussion. - 03/23/09 03:45 PM
My opinion is that AVS does these kinds of threads extremely well.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: "Official" Denon 3810 discussion. - 03/23/09 05:25 PM
I should have added a smiley or something \:\)

I'm sorry if my glib response was off-putting, and I would never wish to inhibit any sort of meaningful discussion. I'd retract altogether, but it's too late. Y'all have fun with your past, current and future Denons!
Posted By: davekro Re: "Official" Denon 3810 discussion. - 03/23/09 05:34 PM
I just read between lines too much before my 4th cup of coffee. Silly me, I should know by now that you do not have a negative bone... er, 'key stroke' in your body. Smiley, wink or guffaw should always be understood from the Tomster.
© Axiom Message Boards