Axiom Home Page
Posted By: brodgers Recommend amp for QS8s - 05/29/09 05:26 PM
I am currently using an old NAD receiver. I have a D-sonic power amp (500 W) that I use to drive the front speakers. The rears are powered by the receiver.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a new processor that supports hdmi and new audio formats. The outlaw 997 has caught my eye. However if I get this I will need an amplifier to drive the rear speakers.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't think I need a ton of power for the rears. One possible choice is an emotiva UPA-2 (125W).

I have some time to decide since the 997 isn't shipping yet.

Thanks.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Recommend amp for QS8s - 05/29/09 09:28 PM
I think The UPA 2 or UPA -5 would work great or possibly the Outlaw M2200 and then you could add as many as you want, like 4 for all rear channels and one more for the center.
Posted By: Zimm Re: Recommend amp for QS8s - 06/01/09 02:43 PM
If you don't mind the look of a pro amp, and are handy enough to "deal" the need to disconnect an internal fan, then I would recommend the QSC GX3 . I have the GX5, but it has way too much power for the Qs. The GX3 is similar in design (but non-switching) but keeps power down to 300 w/c. It is overkill for power, but cost less than the Emotiva, and won't shut down if you run a 4 ohm load in some later config.

Two cents spent!
© Axiom Message Boards