Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SRoode My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 01:26 AM
http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Me...esi?oid=6696238

Please be kind! \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 02:53 AM
I love that room so much. Great gear, too.
Posted By: Micah Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 03:31 AM
Well I can say from personal experience (breaths on fist, rubs fist on chest) that Steve's room is 10 times more impressive in person than it could ever hope to be in pictures. What's with the EP500's though? Guess this must have been an old spread eh? You should have invited them back over for a photo op with the dual EP800's!!!

Congrats on the recognition!!!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 03:51 AM
Yes, very nice room! Congrats, Steve.
Posted By: INANE Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 04:47 AM
Very cool... my wife doesn't watch anything but HGTV on our bedroom TV, heh.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 12:32 PM
Voted and commented. I really like the design of your room and it's furnishings, Steve.
Posted By: alan Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 02:21 PM
Hi SRoode,

Very nice room! Are your EP800s behaving?

Cheers,

Alan
 Originally Posted By: alan

Very nice room! Are your EP800s behaving?

If not, are they put in a corner?
Posted By: CV Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 04:43 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
If not, are they put in a corner?

\:D That's a loaded question, Mark.
Posted By: Micah Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 06:29 PM
There were in the corner during my visit... where they behaved very will indeed!
Posted By: Adrian Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/30/09 10:45 PM
Top knotch, Steve!
Posted By: SRoode Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/31/09 01:49 AM
Thanks all!

Alan, I got the new amps for the EP800s yesterday, but I'm on the road at work. I told Noreen I'd put them in next weekend and send the old ones back ASAP. Thanks for all of your help on your end.

Micah, you are right, the pix are a bit old, but they are the best pictures I had. The EP800's make the room look a bit different eh? And as for your new room, I am absolutely FLOORED! What a beautiful media room! (PS-We finally cracked open the Absinthe last weekend for a poker night... Tastes like Ouzo, only MUCH smoother)

Again, thank you everyone for your comments. I've said it before and I'll say it again... The speakers sell themselves, it's the camaraderie of you guys and the support from Axiom that makes their speakers some of the best in the world IMO. I would never buy another brand speaker.

Steve
Posted By: SRoode Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/31/09 05:10 PM
BTW,

These are the "before" pictures from about 2 1/2 years ago...

Posted By: CV Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/31/09 05:11 PM
What an ugly hellhole!

Ha ha, still better than mine.
Posted By: fredk Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/31/09 05:16 PM
::looks at pictures::
::runs away crying::

Very nice. It puts my room to shame.
Posted By: Micah Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 05/31/09 06:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: SRoode
(PS-We finally cracked open the Absinthe last weekend for a poker night... Tastes like Ouzo, only MUCH smoother)

Yes while in Italy we actually bought a bottle of Absinthe and tried it out. You are correct, I thought it tasted exactly like Sambuka (same as Ouzo) as well. I couldn't figure out the directions on the box of what to do with that little spoon that comes with it though because the instructions were in Italian. It looked like you put a sugar cube on it, poured water over it, then lit it on fire... did your bottle come with that spoon or the directions on what you're supposed to do?

...new amps are in eh? Hmmm... I may have to come give my opinion on how much different they sound! lol
Lol, no you don't light it on fire. You just pour chilled water over the sugar cube slowly (and it runs into the shot of absinthe you already have in your glass.) Water goes about 3 to 1. (if you have one shot of absinthe in your glass already, you'll be adding another 3 shots of chilled water)

Now you have all you need to turn yourself into a French hippie.
Posted By: CV Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/01/09 12:00 AM
 Originally Posted By: StuntGibbon

How hairy can a woman get?
WOW !!!

Thats awesome..

What screen is that?
Posted By: SRoode Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/01/09 08:48 AM
It's a Carada Criterion Series 126" Screen.

http://www.carada.com
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/01/09 03:51 PM
Steve, I can't add any meaningful analysis to the gushing that has already occurred. You have a lovely home, and it's wonderful to see you and your family enjoying it. Cheers!
 Originally Posted By: CV

How hairy can a woman get?

That's a question that no man wants the answer to!
Posted By: Micah Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/01/09 11:47 PM
Lol, no you don't light it on fire. You just pour chilled water over the sugar cube slowly (and it runs into the shot of absinthe you already have in your glass.) Water goes about 3 to 1. (if you have one shot of absinthe in your glass already, you'll be adding another 3 shots of chilled water)

Really? I don't read Italian, but I swear the last picture showed a flame above the sugar cube. What does the chilled water and sugar do for the absinthe anyway?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/02/09 12:33 AM
In its heyday, absinthe wasn't only enjoyed in France. It's true that the French typically did not light the sugar cube; however, the Czech did. Their technique called for putting one drop of absinthe on the sugar cube, lighting the cube, waiting for it to go out, and then pouring cold water over the cube. The Swiss, on the other hand, used neither sugar nor fire, just cold water.

Lest you think I'm a liquor/liqueur historian, I found the info here. \:\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/02/09 12:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko

Lest you think I'm a liquor/liqueur historian, I found the info here. \:\)

*smacks forehead*

And here I thought you were just REALLY smart!!

;\)
Posted By: Micah Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/02/09 05:29 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
It's true that the French typically did not light the sugar cube; however, the Czech did....

Well I suppose the Italians favor the Czech way of doing it then. ;\)
Got your Bottle of Absinthe? --> Yes

Glass? --> Yes

Water? --> Yes

Sugar Cube? --> Yes

Lighter? --> Czech
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/02/09 12:57 PM
You and CV should have a wit-off, or something.
Posted By: CV Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/02/09 02:26 PM
It would quickly turn into me talking about Regina and Mark running away crying.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/02/09 06:01 PM
Well done, gentlemen.
 Originally Posted By: CV
It would quickly turn into me talking about Regina and Mark running away crying.

Or..... (the plot thickens)..... Regina and I running away and Charles crying!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 01:00 AM
*cue dramatic music*
Posted By: CV Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 03:55 AM
Or..... (the plot thickens)..... Regina and I running away and Charles crying!

I'm sad to hear Regina came to her senses and picked the better man.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 04:04 AM
She lies and says she's in love with him, too.
Posted By: Murph Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 01:06 PM

Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 01:37 PM
I move to elect Murph as our official cartoonist. \:\)
Hell ya!

Great stuff!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 02:54 PM
The proper form would have been "Motion seconded," but I'll accept "Hell ya!"
Posted By: CV Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 03:50 PM
Great stuff!

That is NOT great stuff!

*dabs his tears away with a mess of snake hair*
Posted By: medic8r Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 05:01 PM
LOL, that was awesome. Perfection in a three-panel cartoon!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: My Axiom Home Theater on the HGTV Site - 06/03/09 05:30 PM

Andrew is MONEY today!
© Axiom Message Boards