Axiom Home Page
Posted By: th3at3rguy Oppo BDP-83 owners get freebie disc - 08/14/09 05:01 PM
Well to all you Oppo BDP-83 owners you should all get today or very soon a bluray audio calibration disc from oppo. It has Freq sweep test, sub sweep test, sub xover test, speaker phase test and a collection of high def demo music. It is called AIX records audio calibration disc and HD music sampler. Thanks Oppo it just happened to be just what I needed (got mine in mail today). If you dont get yours soon contact Oppo.
Posted By: th3at3rguy Re: Oppo BDP-83 owners get freebie disc - 08/14/09 06:06 PM
After using the freq sweeps on my sub something is definitely wrong I have had to turn the sub gain all the way up to even hear anything and it said it was suppose to rattle dishes and stuff and to turn the volume down. Oh well I have pros coming out the 21st of august to sort it all out.
Posted By: Micah Re: Oppo BDP-83 owners get freebie disc - 08/14/09 08:16 PM
Still issues with that darn sub eh? I feel your pain brother!
Posted By: CV Re: Oppo BDP-83 owners get freebie disc - 08/15/09 01:46 AM
I got my disc. I'll have to try it out this weekend.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Oppo BDP-83 owners get freebie disc - 08/15/09 05:02 AM
I got mine a few days ago but haven't had the chance to try it out.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Oppo BDP-83 owners get freebie disc - 08/15/09 12:38 PM
I'm not, particularly, a big country music fan, but the Albert Lee track knocked me down. Still cookin' after all these years.
Posted By: gary135r Re: Oppo BDP-83 owners get freebie disc - 08/15/09 09:34 PM
Got mine yesterday. I also hooked up my new Onkyo 876 yesterday and calibrated through Audyssey EQ. Compared to my HK 645 the speakers have come alive. So full now. I have heard good things about this Audyssey system. I didn't trust my EZ set EQ for my HK so I set up my system manually. My question is; can I do a better job for home theater manually with this disc from Oppo than Audyssey?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Oppo BDP-83 owners get freebie disc - 08/16/09 01:38 AM
Gary, there's no good reason why a manual calibration should be more accurate(or even as accurate, considering the added human error factor)than the the settings for level and distance which the Audyssey setup gave. The room EQ results are more controversial, but the majority of users who've been careful to follow the suggested procedures have been pleased with the results.
© Axiom Message Boards