Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 04:00 AM
Press release
Posted By: Micah Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 05:23 AM
Incredible!!! Not that it could possibly compete with full range speakers, but still, that is some highly impressive technology!!! Would work great with cell phones!
Posted By: grunt Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 05:25 AM
Thanks for the link Charles. Looks like their taking “wall of sound” to a whole new level.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 02:23 PM
I wonder what the frequency response is, and if goes lower with a larger size screen?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 03:17 PM
Very interesting.

Not sure if I'm comfortable with the additional vibration that might be a factor, though.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 04:36 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Not sure if I'm comfortable with the additional vibration that might be a factor, though.

Geeez, Tom... You're supposed to listen to it, not SIT on it!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 04:41 PM
Ooops. My bad. Thanks for the clarification.
Posted By: snazzed Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 05:32 PM
That looks like some interesting technology. I imagine it will end up replacing the speakers that normally come on Flatscreens in order to further shrink the non-screen area/volume.

I like the way they say the sound comes from the screen and is 'unified'... To me that sounds like, "unless you have a gargantuan TV the stereo separation is going to suck!".

I'll stick with L/R/C speakers placed as far apart as necessary to make my ears happy.

snazzed
Posted By: fredk Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/24/09 10:54 PM
Bah! Its just a thinly veiled attempt to get rid of those oversize phalic symbols we all like to put in our living spaces.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/25/09 02:42 AM
Fred, remind me to NOT ask for your decorating help.
Posted By: Micah Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/29/09 06:32 AM
You'll have to forgive our friend Fred, he lives in the Yukon you know. You have to be a bit 'touched' to live in the Yukon, if not before living there, then a few years surrounded by snow will do the job nicely.

Cabin fever has a dramatic effect on interior decorating! ;\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/29/09 04:02 PM
Pffft.

Woosy Southerners afraid of a little snow.

Us Canadians stick together you know so if you see a guy wearing a beaver skin hat, a beer in one hand and a shotgun taped in disguise to a hockey stick in the other, I suggest you duck!!

Don't worry Fred, I got your back, eh!

Posted By: Micah Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 09/29/09 06:29 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Us Canadians stick together you know...

Hey I am a Canadian, TRAPPED down here in the warmer (I say warmer because unlike the true south, we do experience SOME snow and cold weather) climate of Indiana. Under these ruthless circumstances I was forced to trade in my Skidoo for a Kawasaki as the Skidoo would only have gotten around 60 days max use per year where as I get a good 8 - 9 months worth of use out of the Kaw....

But I still watch Hockey!
Posted By: Murph Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 10/01/09 02:11 PM
Your Canadian background is confirmed by your referral to generic snow mobiles by the more traditional but incorrect reference to the Ski-Doo brand name.

Beaver Hat Hit Men, recalled. Tim Horton's delivery, commencing.
Posted By: Micah Re: Emo Labs Invisible Speakers - 10/01/09 02:38 PM
Lol \:D
© Axiom Message Boards