Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sotwell typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 07:28 PM
I just ordered a VP150 and 4 Qs8s to go with my m60s in my dedicated theater. The factory store website says approximate wait is 4 weeks. Just trying to see how typical this is? Can I expect them sooner? Later?
Posted By: grunt Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 07:35 PM
I’ve placed 2 factory outlet orders, one almost exactly this time of year, and both shipped in about 2 weeks. I think most other people have also received them earlier than expected.
Posted By: jakewash Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 07:40 PM
1 week earlier for me \:\)
Posted By: sotwell Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 07:45 PM
Thanks.

Hey Grunt - I am finishing my dedicated theater, and we have almost the exact same set up. I just purchased the following:

M60s, VP150, 4QS8, Panny AE4000, Carada 136" 2.35, OppoBD83, SVS PC-Ultra12, Onkyo 876
Posted By: Micah Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 08:09 PM
I don't want to be a buzzkill, but I had to wait the entire period of time they said it would take. But I think the reason for this is because I ordered an EP800 from the FO, and I think they waited until the last minute to see if they would indeed have a FO EP800 to send me, and when they didn't, they just sent be a brand new one instead. I say this because I couldn't find a thing wrong with it at all!!!

But then again, I couldn't find anything wrong with any of the speakers they sent me. \:\)
Posted By: grunt Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 08:15 PM
That’s going to be a great setup. Have you received any of the stuff yet? I was on the waiting list for the AE4000s so my screen got here a couple weeks before the projector so I was able to have it up and waiting when the projector arrived.

Once Carada shipped the screen which took them a couple days it only took FedEx freight 3 days to deliver it to me in AZ from I think FL. The Oppo to 3 days to arrive UPS from when I placed the order.

If this is your first projector/screen your going to wonder how you ever watched an HDTV. Funny I thought the same thing about my old CRT when I got my HDTV.
Posted By: sotwell Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 08:32 PM
The only thing that I currently own are the m60s. This is the first major AV purchase I have made in 10 years since i bought my 56" HD RPTV (big box) and denon 3801. I was on the phone all morning burning a hole through my credit card.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 08:57 PM
I think my wait was quoted at 3-4 weeks and that is how long it took to deliver.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 09:19 PM
Normally if you average the "wait time" of all your FO speakers, that is when they will come. If one is 4wks, and the other is 2wks, you will get them in 3wks.
Posted By: roar Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/04/10 10:24 PM
I got my M22's in pretty much 4 weeks from the Factory Outlet.

I thought Carada was in Alabama? I never really paid attention to where it was shipped from though. When we ordered one for my dad, it made it all the way up to Ontario in about a week.
Posted By: grunt Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/05/10 08:02 AM
That’s my understanding too. However, the FedEx tracking and the shipping receipt both indicated that the shipment originated from Florida. I’m not sure how close they are to the Florida boarder but I figured they must either take them to a FedEx freight center in Florida or have a local service deliver them.
Posted By: roar Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/05/10 03:18 PM
I should have checked a map, I didn't realize they shared a boarder, my mind had Florida only boardering Georgia. I'd have to agree with you and assume they must be right by the boarder.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: typical outlet purchase wait? - 01/05/10 05:56 PM
I just checked mine, and it shipped from Birmingham.

It's kinda creepy we even care to investigate... lol.
© Axiom Message Boards