Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sauniq 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/19/10 03:05 AM
I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a great company that sells via internet.

I want to purchase a new 7.1 processor/preamp combo....I am sure someone has a great experience or knows of a great value.

thanks to everyone who can give me a thought or two.
Posted By: Micah Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/19/10 03:31 AM
Well it certainly looks as if you have your amp section sorted out eh? I've never owned one of their processors myself, but I do own an Emotiva amp and can vouch for the fact that they pack a lot in for the price, so you might check them out.

Other than them I've never really looked into pre/pro's, so that's the only direction I can point you in. Good luck!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/19/10 03:43 AM
I would consider Outlaw Audio possibly.

http://outlawaudio.com/products/index.html
Posted By: RickF Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/19/10 05:16 AM
I'd almost be inclined to look seriously at some of the AVRs with all of the pre-outs you need, overall it seems like they do a better job at processing and have quite a few more bells and whistles at a much more reasonable cost than most separate processors on the market today.

That's some nice Rotel gear you have. That 1095 is a beast at what, almost 90lbs?
Posted By: sauniq Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/19/10 04:01 PM
the 1095 amp has always been my favorite purchase until the axiom speakers. I do have to say the 1092s have really impressed me, I was very sceptical however the speakers and amps match perfect!

I have looked at the outlaw, EMotiva, and really like the Integra. Hoping to find someting budget friendly, and just trying to "live in the now" as the kids at work tell me I need to with the HD audio thats out there now.

What are the AVRs?
Posted By: sauniq Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/19/10 04:03 PM
It just hit me......avr....audio video reciever??
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/19/10 04:27 PM
it's Acute Visual Reconnaissance.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/19/10 04:43 PM
 Originally Posted By: sauniq
It just hit me......avr....audio video reciever??

Yeah, even though receivers have internal amps, for some reason they are still usually cheaper than most amp-less pre/pros, and have a better feature set. So if you just ignore they amps, and make sure you get a model with pre-outs, you can have all the advanced features, and still make use of your nice amps.

That said, I really like the Onkyo Pro PR-SC5507P, but it's 9.2. There's a 7.2 model showing up now, the TX-NR807P. If I were buying a pre/pro at this moment, it would be one of those.
Posted By: sauniq Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/20/10 01:30 AM
thanks, that is another great idea. I did not think I could get a home theater that had that many preouts. Had a quick look at the onkyo, that would be more a killer product.
Posted By: RickF Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/20/10 01:42 AM
I know at least some of the Harman Kardon AVRs have 7.1 pre-outs, like this AVR3600 for example ... Harman Kardon AVR3600
Posted By: dakkon Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 02/20/10 06:20 AM
I would say get a new NAD or a used Krell HTS 7.1. I got my Krell HTS for 2k$

Depending on brand, a processor will have better and more DAC's. Better power supply.. (more regulation). also much more filtering for audio, specifically stereo. How many options does one need? i would rather have fewer options and better processing, and overall sound.

I have used a receiver as a processor in the past, but i with a noticeable difference between a dedicated processor and a receiver i will not do that again.

Also, i don't think any receiver has balanced outputs? granted the OP didn't say wether he was using RCA's or balanced cables for his interconnects..
Posted By: sauniq Re: 7.1 processor mfg. online - 03/13/10 02:57 AM
I ended up taking home the AVR 2600 and a Yamaha RXV 765.....the Yamaha was exceptional for the price I paid, it is 300.00 cheaper than a HK. Pre outs work really good!!

I also took home a Moon P5.3 two chanel preamp, and have to say that I never knew my M80's would sing that well. The moon preamp opened up the soundstage immensely, those speakers can really do what they say they will...I am one happy guy today.
© Axiom Message Boards