Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Philippe I need an advise. - 04/16/10 03:32 PM
Hi there, i am about to order the rest of Axiom speaker to built a 5.1 home theater set. So far i have the VP150 center, M3 V2 front and EP350 sub. Due to space and wall possibility, my rear speaker will be set at 90degree from listing positon. I cant place them 2-3 feet behind because i have door and the only posibility could be at 6 feet behind (too far i guess).
So i wonder if i should go with another pair of M3 for rear or QS8 would be a better choice for surround ?
Take note it is only for movies.
Thx for advise
Posted By: jakewash Re: I need an advise. - 04/16/10 03:43 PM
I will guess you mean the side surrounds for 5.1 as rear channels are part of a 7.1 system.

I would recommend the QS series which will work great no matter where you place them. I have my QS8s 90 deg and barely behind the listening position and they sound great to me.

The QS series really spreads the sound out which is what is required for good envelopment from the surround channels.
Posted By: snazzed Re: I need an advise. - 04/16/10 08:27 PM
QS8s!

I love my QS8s

snazzed
Posted By: Philippe Re: I need an advise. - 04/16/10 08:47 PM
Now i am happy.
Posted By: medic8r Re: I need an advise. - 04/16/10 09:10 PM
I saw the title of this thread and thought it would be about cheezburgers. Now I have hunger.
Posted By: Micah Re: I need an advise. - 04/16/10 09:52 PM
Cheeseburgers? You're mind works in strange ways.
Posted By: JohnK Re: I need an advise. - 04/17/10 01:49 AM
Philippe, by "90 degree" you apparently mean that the side surrounds will be directly to the side of the listening position rather than slightly farther back. While in a 5.1 setup, as you mention, it's better to have them 2-3' back, directly to the side is still very good, especially with the QSs.

So don't be concerned, although if you could move your seat a couple feet forward, it would be interesting to see if you prefer it that way.
Posted By: Micah Re: I need an advise. - 04/17/10 02:44 AM
Sounds like good advice to me. And don't forget after you pull your seat up a few feet to grab you a cheeseburger.
Posted By: Philippe Re: I need an advise. - 04/17/10 09:44 AM
Thx you JohnK, that was exactly what i was reaching as information. Right now i am at 10ft from the tc screen. I guess 9ft wont be a big deal.
I just order my QS8 instead of another M3 fro rear speaker.

No cheeseburger tought.
© Axiom Message Boards