Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sebnad A/V receiver advice - 06/28/10 12:38 PM
Now in my new apartment I need to buy a new receiver. My system will be made of On-Wall M22, VP100 and QS4. I'm now down to 3 receivers choice and I would like your advice on which one would be the best to buy. It will be used to watch movies and play games from a PS3, watch TV from an HD decoder and listen to music from the PS3 or an iPod. I also have a turntable which is plugged to a pre-amp.

1- Pioneer VSX-820-K which is the cheapest and features 3D compatibility.
2- Onkyo TX-SR607 that is on sale for 500$ because it's the last year model.
3 - Denon AVR-591 for 480$

Thanks.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: A/V receiver advice - 06/28/10 01:17 PM
Pioneer's iPod interface looks really nice (I don't/won't own an iPod though).
Posted By: CatBrat Re: A/V receiver advice - 06/28/10 01:30 PM
This Denon page shows the AVR-591 for $349.

If it was me I'd spend a few extra bucks and get a receiver that's heavier, because IMO the heaver the power supply the better the sound. (May not be true 100% of the time, but was true in my experience and from what I can gather from others' experience as well.)
Posted By: sebnad Re: A/V receiver advice - 06/28/10 01:49 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
This Denon page shows the AVR-591 for $349.

I forgot to say that these prices are in Canadian Dollar.
Posted By: jakewash Re: A/V receiver advice - 06/28/10 04:15 PM
The 3D compatibility is only a good feature if you plan on using it, I do not for see myself ever using it with the 3D technology that they are presently using.

So I would vote between the Denon and Onkyo and my usual preference is for Denon as I have never had a problem with the 2 I have owned and none of my friends that have Denon's have ever had any trouble either.
© Axiom Message Boards