Axiom Home Page
That is all.
The BJC Belden Series-1 is the Ron Jeremy of HDMI cables.
Originally Posted By: Dr.House

That has to be one ugly ass cable.
laugh
Well, I hope that HDBaseT will take off in the next year or so! Cat5e/6 cable is nice and flexible and very cheap! When I finish the basement I am looking at a fairly long video run (45'), HDBaseT just makes sense to me.

I have purchased the Monoprice #3661 cable along with about a dozen co-workers, and we all agree that it is a great cable and worth the $6.75!!
Originally Posted By: wid
Originally Posted By: Dr.House

That has to be one ugly ass cable.

And hairy.
I have two 6 foot hdmi cables from monoprice and didn't notice that they were stiffer than any of the other hdmi cables I have. I bought these a couple years back so maybe things have changed?
I exclusively use Blue Jeans' Series-F2. They're really flexible. So much more so than the $5 DVI cables I got for monitors at work.
I have some of the cheapest 28awg HDMI fom monoprice for a 10 foot run and it has good flexibility and works great. I take it some of the better and more expensive Monoprice cables suited for longer runs are a lot thicker than the one I have. The Belden Series 1 from Blue Jeans is an extremely robust HDMI cable, great for passing long distance runs but really, really stiff.
I agree with the monoprice cables, they are applying a lot of force on the Denon connectors so everytime I have to touch them I am kind of scared, but I also agree that they are very good cables for the price, just extremely stiff. I remember BJC shipping being pretty expensive for Canadians but that was a couple of years ago.
Monoprice offers several different gauges of HDMI cables. If you want them flexible, buy smaller gauge. If you've got a long run and need less loss, get the thick gauge, but don't expect it to have a tight bending radius.

I bought a 22 ga. for a long run and it's fat as a garden hose. The 28 gauge aren't bad for short jumpers.
Did you guys accidentally buy the in-wall versions? The in-walls are very stiff, while the regular ones are just about the same stiffness as most other HDMI cable I have seen.
© Axiom Message Boards