Axiom Home Page
I have my M22 on-wall and VP100 on-wall (LCR) set up and sounding great, but I am curious as to the freq. response of the center VP100 compared to the M22's. I see the M22's are 70Hz – 22kHz, and the VP100 is 105Hz – 22kHz. Is there a reason the VP100 doesn't go down as low as the M22's?
No ports.
and a different crossover network to optimize it for horizontal placement.
And because the M22 is just plain a better speaker. eek
I'm with you Dean, I got your back. This doesn't mean the 100 is a bad speaker just that it has some limitations (as do all small speakers) especially horizontally designed ones.
Thanks, I was expecting the first response to be a flame, but you stated my point exactly.
OK, thanks guys. I wasn't sure if center speakers are designed that way for sound reasons, I was just curious. I almost went with a M22 for the center as well, but just prefer the look of the horizontal under the TV.

Oh and thanks for everyone's help in this thread I posted about deciding on the speakers for my setup. I ended up with the m22's and the VP100. Very happy with the overall look and the sound (could someone help me on how to post pictures and I'll see if I can put some here so you can see how it turned out).
To post a picture, you need a picture hosting website, such as photobucket.com. Upload your picture to it, which is easily done just by clicking on the "Upload now" button and telling it where on your machine the picture is located.

Then you copy the link they provide for the picture that starts with [img] and ends with [/img] and paste it here.
OK, got it now. I was trying to use picasa but was giving me trouble so I did as you suggested and used photobucket.

Good looking room and set-up you have there.
That is a very elegant installation! Looks great!
Looks very nice, enjoy your system!
Those on walls look great, nice job on the install.
Beautiful design and setup. You will enjoy it much more if you turn the chairs around so you're facing the TV wink .
I wanted to say the same thing, but I was afraid someone would call me a smartass. smile

BTW, you're a smartass, Cam.
You are something else, my friend. I've learnt from the best... smile
Cam, although it doesn't show in the pictures, I understand that there's a huge mirror on the opposite wall.
smile Now that makes perfect sense, John!
© Axiom Message Boards