Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cgolf M3 On Walls won in auction - 05/26/11 02:35 PM
I won a pair of solid wood M3s off the Axiom auction site a couple of days ago. No idea what I'll do with them but I thought the price was too good to pass up-$297.

I may try them as rear surrounds and move the Swans to the sides since I can't seem to sell the Swans. smile
Posted By: CatBrat Re: M3 On Walls won in auction - 05/26/11 02:51 PM
Great! I'll be wanting a pair someday to put on the wall in front of my treadmill. I'll have to keep my eye on the auction site. Right now trying to get through a bedroom to office renovation. Increasing outer walls from 4 to 6 inches as I go to hold more insulation. I just bought the paint for it yesterday to take advantage of a sale. It's Gekko green from Sherwin Williams.

Enjoy your speakers.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: M3 On Walls won in auction - 05/26/11 03:18 PM
They are "real wood" veneer over MDF, not "solid wood", as that implies the same wood throughout.*

Other than that, enjoy! smile

*I complained about another manufacturer's wording of "solid wood veneer", while technically correct (it's not gaseous or liquid wood), it is misleading.
Posted By: Milford3 Re: M3 On Walls won in auction - 05/26/11 03:39 PM
I have the M3ti's as rears in my 7.2 system. I also amped them out with Audio Source AMP 100 for some punch. They sound sweet!!

You can see the M3's as rears on the "Wall" under Andrews Axiom Cave.
Posted By: cgolf Re: M3 On Walls won in auction - 06/01/11 09:13 PM
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
They are "real wood" veneer over MDF, not "solid wood", as that implies the same wood throughout.*

*I complained about another manufacturer's wording of "solid wood veneer", while technically correct (it's not gaseous or liquid wood), it is misleading.

Gotcha. Just received them today and they are very nice. However they really don't match anything in our media room so I'm going to sell them. smile
Posted By: davidsch Re: M3 On Walls won in auction - 06/02/11 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: cgolf

Gotcha. Just received them today and they are very nice. However they really don't match anything in our media room so I'm going to sell them. smile

That's too bad. I am not a big believer in the requirement to match all of the wood in a room. I probably have 5 different shades of wood in my media room. It's too bad I am not in the market for some M3s, but my next Axiom purchase will be QS8s. Good luck selling them, Charles.
Posted By: solarrdadd Re: M3 On Walls won in auction - 06/02/11 02:29 PM

howdy, too bad your selling them, but, here's a silly question: didn't you know the color/style of the speaker before you purchased them in relation to your other items in the media room? just curious how that happened. OR are you saying that you got something other than what was advertised...just trying to be sure.
Posted By: cgolf Re: M3 On Walls won in auction - 06/02/11 03:35 PM
Originally Posted By: solarrdadd

howdy, too bad your selling them, but, here's a silly question: didn't you know the color/style of the speaker before you purchased them in relation to your other items in the media room? just curious how that happened. OR are you saying that you got something other than what was advertised...just trying to be sure.

Nope, got exactly what I bid on but sometimes it's different when you see it on a computer screen and you see it in person. They are great looking speakers and if I couldn't sell them, I would keep them and either use them in the media room or somewhere else. However, I would like to sell them if possible. No profit, just what I paid + actual shipping costs to the buyer.
© Axiom Message Boards