Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Nice IR extender option - 06/27/11 05:35 PM
So I thought I was smart by running extra CAT5 into my plasma location and even buying come Channel Vision extenders.

Then there's this for $45. OK, Sewell wins.

http://sewelldirect.com/IR-Injector-Kit-For-HDMI.asp
Posted By: RickF Re: Nice IR extender option - 06/27/11 06:55 PM
Whoa that is nice and the price is amazingly inexpensive. I just bought a second Elan IR extender system for an outside mounted TV I installed, the first Elan IR extender system has been used in our TV room for over five years without a hitch but the Sewell would have been ideal for the back patio TV. I do like the Elan extenders but for almost four Benjamins just for the outside TV it was a little pricey.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Nice IR extender option - 06/27/11 09:21 PM
that might work in my metal barn install I'm quoting. The projectors are going to be 50+ ft away from the AVR's in the back of the room...thanks for the link
Posted By: INANE Re: Nice IR extender option - 06/30/11 03:45 AM
That is very slick. I'm building a component closet for the electronics in my entire house. I've been trying to decide what to do about IR (I've run a separate CAT5 to every TV in the house). But that thing looks pretty cool. Nice to have more options.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Nice IR extender option - 09/22/11 07:01 AM
I finally installed this last week. Works like a CHARM.

I blue tak'ed it to the bottom of my plasma and my Tivo is hidden behind the door of my Sanus Synergy rack. Normally I have to open the door to control it, now I don't. Very happy w/ this solution, didn't even have to go the RF route.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Nice IR extender option - 09/22/11 12:16 PM
Hey HEY! I've been looking at IR extenders since my center channel's probably going to be in front of the IR receiver on the TV, which is wimpy and weak. Thanks!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Nice IR extender option - 09/22/11 01:31 PM
I bought a Sewell InjectIR too. Just came in the mail 2 days ago, but alas, it is part of my basement finishing project, so I won't get to try it out any time soon.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Nice IR extender option - 09/22/11 04:11 PM
Next step is to use one of those multi-IR transmitters to see if I can do it for multiple components. I have one made for Channel Vision, hope they're compatible.
© Axiom Message Boards