Axiom Home Page
Posted By: julian_y Become an Axiomer - 06/30/11 03:21 PM
I decided to set up my home theater several months ago and like the most of us, I did a lot of researches and Axiom became one of my choices. Later on, I registered as a member in this forum and got suggestions and helps from this great community. After auditioning at two Axiom owners' places, I made my "crazy" purchase: M80, VP180, QS8 (2 pairs) and EP 500.

I pair my Axiom speakers with my Onkyo TX-NR5008 to set up the 7.1 surround system. After using the Audyssey XT32 to correct room acoustic problems, I couldn't wait to hear how Axiom sounds.

After trying several music and movie discs, I shall say that the sound is natural and well blended no matter what kind of music my system handles: pop, opera, orchestra, jazz and movie BGM. Even my PS3 games can't sound better.

The basses of M80 and VP180 are quite strong. I forgot to turn on my EP500 today. Only after watching two movies, did I realize that I didn't turn on the sub.

Because my living room’s walls are not concrete and I can’t hang my QS8, I purchased FMS QS stands. They are a perfect match for QS8. When I sit in my sofa, the QS8 are about at ear’s height, which is great. The only downside is that these stands are too expensive.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with this purchase. Now my only concern is that I hope my neighbors won’t pound my door when I play my Axiom too loud^-^
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Become an Axiomer - 06/30/11 04:56 PM
Happy to hear you're happy, Jilian!

Crank em' up smile !
Posted By: snazzed Re: Become an Axiomer - 06/30/11 05:48 PM
Wow, Julian! You went straight to the good stuff!

No Upgrades for you!

snazzed
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Become an Axiomer - 06/30/11 05:58 PM
Originally Posted By: snazzed

No Upgrades for you!

snazzed

Yeah. Now, I've got to get 2 pairs of M80's. I'm just not sure on how I'm going to mount them on my wall. smile
Posted By: bdpf Re: Become an Axiomer - 06/30/11 06:14 PM
I'm glad you enjoy your system, congratulations on your purchase!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Become an Axiomer - 06/30/11 06:20 PM
Yeah, what Bruno said!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/01/11 12:07 AM
Congrats on the new set-up, Julian! Glad you like it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/01/11 12:59 AM
Nice to hear you are enjoying your new system, any chance of some pics?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/01/11 01:34 AM
Julian, that's great. You should be fixed for years of "upgrade-free" enjoyment!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/01/11 12:32 PM
Thanks for sharing the story, and congrats on a great system.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/01/11 12:45 PM
Sweet! Welcome to the club. Sounds like you have one heck of an audio system now!
Posted By: fredk Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/01/11 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Originally Posted By: snazzed

No Upgrades for you!

snazzed

Yeah. Now, I've got to get 2 pairs of M80's. I'm just not sure on how I'm going to mount them on my wall. smile

Duct tape silly!

Oh, congrats Julian. grin Try a movie with lots of low bass, like Serenity or the last Terminator movie, and you'll notice the sub is off. grin
Posted By: nissanspider Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/03/11 02:00 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
Julian, that's great. You should be fixed for years of "upgrade-free" enjoyment!

there is no such thing as upgrade-free

there's the front highs and the front wides and at least 3 more subs. wink

realy though great set up hope they bring you tons of enjoyment.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/09/11 04:37 AM
Thanks for all the replies, guys.

I started my vacation only a few days after I received my Axioms. Now I am still out of Toronto. Although the trip is nice but I miss my system grin
Posted By: Jc Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/09/11 06:51 PM
Julian_Y

Even after several years at enjoying our Axiom Mega Home Theatre, when on vacations, it is always the single thing that the entire family is looking forward to come back to.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Become an Axiomer - 07/17/11 05:03 PM
I am back from vacation! Several days ago, I invited several friends to my place to experience the HT and all of them were impressed grin
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Become an Axiomer - 08/03/11 11:30 PM
How do you like the TX-NR5008? Does it Drive the M80's good, obviously it must be. cool
But I'm shopping around for a new processor and this model has a lot of good reviews.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Become an Axiomer - 08/04/11 01:38 AM
Tom, especially if you're looking primarily at the processing features, the Onkyo 3008 would seem to be a more cost-effective buy. It's entirely up-to date, notably including Audyssey MultEQ XT32. An excellent buy at this time is the factory refurbished unit from Accessories4less . These units should be at least as reliable as one that's brand-new, and I've been entirely satisfied with them and of course the significant saving.
Posted By: julian_y Re: Become an Axiomer - 08/05/11 01:51 AM
I really like my TX-NR5008 which drives my speakers wonderfully.

From what I have learned, the major differences between 5008 and 3008 are: 1.Watts 2. DAC: PCM1795×6 (192 kHz/32-BIT) for 5008, PCM1796×6 (192 kHz/24-BIT) for 3008. Actually, I haven't found any model from other brands carrying such high end DACs like 5008 does. 3. Improved high current power supply. 4. gold-plated speaker posts. I agree with what JohnK has mentioned that 3008 is more cost efficient but if you have the budget, I would recommend 5008.

Highly recommended to purchase a projector to complement the home theater. I purchased Epson 8700UB and projects the image to a 119" screen. Paired with Axiom speakers, there are really no reasons to go to the theater (except 3D) any more if you watch movies or concerts in blu-ray.
© Axiom Message Boards