Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JBG has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 07/28/03 02:32 AM
This has to be the most awesome dvd i have ever seen,

I was simply breath taken by this documentary, if you go on the site you can sample some of it, when i mean documentary, there is hardly any talking just wounderful music with many of the bird spiecies in flight and all, you almost get a real sense of almost flying with them, and the music all along is just superpbe.. check it out

for more info ... http://www.peuplemigrateur.com/home.htm

tell me what you all think about it

i strongly recomend the dvd (5.1 only)

I guess it would help if I could read French. I can't figure out what to click on for a sample.
Posted By: JBG Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 07/28/03 03:00 AM
ops sorry about that for english see here .....

http://www.sonyclassics.com/wingedmigration/index_flash.html
Posted By: sushi Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 07/28/03 07:21 AM
The English soundtrack seems stereo only, but subtitle is available.

Here!
Posted By: JBG Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 07/28/03 09:41 AM
it really doesn't matter what language it's in 98% of all the soundtrac is only music anyways
Posted By: alan Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 07/29/03 09:57 PM
Hi JBG,

I saw "Winged Migration" in a cinema in New York and it's very calming (in a very intense city) as well as stunning looking. Nice to know it's available on DVD.

Regards,
Posted By: sushi Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 07/30/03 01:30 AM
I ordered the DVD.
Posted By: JBG Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/05/03 12:57 AM
So Sushi, did you recieve your dvd and what are your thoughts???

Posted By: sushi Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/06/03 08:48 PM
Yes, I received it a few days ago, and haven't had time to watch it.
It's nice to know I'm not the only person that has un-watched brand new dvd's!!
Posted By: sushi Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 07:51 AM
Currently, there are 6 or 7 unwatched DVDs on our media shelves. When my wife and I go to Best Buy, we tend to buy 6 instead of 2 DVDs we had planned. Difficult to find time to watch them together (watching them alone is considered betrayal)...
Posted By: MIKEY Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 04:49 PM
I'm sure you've heard about Netflix, if not, check it out.. Works like a charm, no fuss, no late fees, no standing in line, etc.. And, no need to own as many dvd's.. As you can always reorder them, just buy the ones you can't live without..
Also, they have processing centers all over the country, so the turn around time is normally only a couple a days..
For 20 bucks a month, it's a sweet deal..
They have a file for Winged Migration, but it is not yet in stock..
Posted By: Semi_On Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 05:53 PM
I'm the exact same way Sushi (minus the inability to watch alone.)

Mikey,

Where's the fun in that? I LOVE having a huge library of movies.
Posted By: MIKEY Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 06:29 PM
Well, I guess you could say I DO have a huge library.. 15,000 copies and counting !! I just pay this guy 20 a month to store it all for me.. :>
Posted By: MIKEY Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 06:42 PM
Hey Sushi.. Yeah, we have the same problem.. It's great having a spouse that loves good movies AND loves watching and listening to them on a good system..
BUT !!! It really drives me nuts trying to get her to sit down at the same time I'm ready to watch one !!
Fridays are the big do or die movie night for us.. We even have an open invitation to all our friends to come over, with or without their own movies.. Good food, good company, good times..
The rest of the week is a crap shoot ! hahahha..
Posted By: spiffnme Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 09:58 PM
Hahaha...I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone. We literally have 13 dvds, still sealed, unwatched. Likewise, he's never in the mood to watch a movie the same time I am, and watching alone is considered a treasonous act.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 10:17 PM
Oh, tell me about it. We've got about 5 movies (unopened and/or unwatched), and 3 seasons of Buffy + a season of Angel + about 6 of the Muppets. It's not necessarily bad for me to watch them by myself, but there aren't any hard and fast rules. And she almost never wants to watch them!

Even better, we use Netflix. We've paid $20 a month to have the same 3 damn movies for 4 months! Aarg!
Posted By: JohnK Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 10:35 PM
Masa, I'm astonished. When I read your advice to Saturn, I felt confident that WAF would never affect your AV activities. After all these years, doesn't Hiromi "understand" what you pointed out(hope she's not reading this)?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 10:51 PM
Oh sushi...you didn't say that. If you're wife reads that you're a dead man.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/07/03 10:52 PM
Oh yeah...I forgot about the "TV" dvd's. We've got a season and a half of Buffy unwatched and the entire first season of Angel as well. LOL...
Which season of Buffy?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/08/03 04:49 AM
Actually we've still haven't watched half of season three and all of season four. We of course saw them when they aired, but we've not watched the discs yet.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/08/03 05:49 AM
We haven't watched 2nd half of 2, all of 3, and all of 4. Unfortunately, we started watching the show at season 6. Which was all angsty and crap.
You are in for a treat. Season 3 is absolutely the highwater mark for the series. The "Big Bad" that year was brilliant. I wish that I was able to see it again "for the first time". Enjoy
Posted By: Ken.C Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/08/03 07:31 PM
Well, it should only take 3 more years before we watch it...
Posted By: Saturn Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/09/03 06:12 AM
After all this time I figured out how I can get away with upgrades to new audio and video gear. She gets an upgrade to her diamond ring or upgrade to black pearl earings or upgrade to emerald necklace...etc..
How do you think I got my Brystons?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: has anyone seen le peuple migrateur dvd - 08/10/03 06:37 AM
Luckily, my wife doesn't want expensive jewelry. (After she lost (!!!) her engagement ring a few months ago, I don't think she'd even consider asking.) But this doesn't mean she lets me get whatever I want.

She has told me before I upgrade anything, she'd better have a kayak of her own.
© Axiom Message Boards