Axiom Home Page
We got moved into the new house yesterday and got some furniture set up. LOTS of unlacking To do but we made pretty good Progress yestderday. Regarding my new monsterous center channel: it's a tight fit but the vp180 just BARELY fits into m tv stand. Tv stand is open on the back expect a thin spot at the center so the middle rear port is about 2-3 inches from this piece. Nothing blocks the other two ports at all. Plan is still to add a wall mounted plasma and put vp180 on axiom stand (pricey but I like the look).

Vp180 was from auction and I can't find a single flaw. However, the finish doesn't perfectly match my m80's from 4 years ago. The vp180 ha More wood grain texture and all black with no grayish silver highlights. I thought they had changed the finish but when I inquired they said it would be the same as my old speakers. No worries here though as it's not really noticeable at distance, and I would have bought through auction anyway to save $$$.

Nice! Tight fit indeed! let us know what you think of it.
Wow - perfect fit! How lucky was that!
Like it wink
do you gave it on the side so it angles up slightly?
Wow, lots of typos im my post... Posted from iphone on a bus. Yeah, i was surprised that it fit. Good thing it did because I wasn't sure how I was going to mount it while I was saving $ toward the new tv.

Next axiom order will be for 2 more qs8s but that is a while down the road.

I'll post back with impressions once I get everything hooked up.
Not sure as i just put the side down that had the screw holes for the rubber feet (but the rubber feet wouldn't fit). I'm looking for something to wedge into the front to angle it up a bit more. Once I get the custom axiom stand it will be a little higher. For now, I'm just happy that it fit.
The fact that it fit SO perfectly is a sign that you don't need a new TV.
Yeah, but I committed to giving this one to my buddy who helped me paint wink. Plus, the poor black levels of the LCD rp are starting to get to me after 6 years...
Did I miss your review of the VP180 somewhere? smile
Jason, I still haven't listened to the thing! Just got all of my electronics wired up today except surround sound. We have been unpacking from the move and getting everything all set up. Got megamind in on bluray from Netflix so should test things out tonight. Need to set channel levels, distances, and crossover frequencies real fast and give her a test!
However, my cable will be installed on Monday so I've been watching football through antenna with the tv speakers. I suspect I'm in for a serious improvement over my current listening method!
It's funny; the VP180 doesn't look so big in that picture. Maybe because it's paired with M80s rather than my M60s, but it seems like "just the right size".

I bet someone will be asking where you got the stand next wink
smile great fit & nice,
Almost look as a customised A/V furniture for your VP180.

...what do we see on the right ?
is it a DELL Subwoofer ??
Lol, no just some spare boxes which I packed my electronics in.
seems someone on here had a picture of their vp180 up on a DIY shelf below a screen, can't find the picture. trying to come up with id's.
I think the 180 makes the TV look kinda small

laugh
© Axiom Message Boards