Axiom Home Page
Posted By: liquidchaos High ceilings and surrounds. - 11/16/12 07:17 PM

Hello,

I'm moving into an open loft style place with 11' ceilings. There is about 3-4 feet of clearance from the right side of my couch to a wall, and the left side doesn't have a wall until the kitchen cabinets. I am going to have to ceiling mount my qs8's and the ceilin is 11' tall. Is there a certain height that I should try and drop the speakers down to? Or would a axiom mount at that height be fine ? I can mount 1 qs8 on a side wall to the right side of my couch, but prefer the symmetrical look of both side surrounds being at the same height.

Thanks smile
Posted By: SirQuack Re: High ceilings and surrounds. - 11/16/12 11:41 PM
My left/right side surrounds are mounted about 9ft up near the ceiling in my basement, rears are a bit lower, and everything sounds good. They are very forgiving on placement, and once setup correctly in the receiver settings, should sound fine. I suppose you could rig something up using the Axiom brackets and an extension to lower them a bit if needed..
Posted By: liquidchaos Re: High ceilings and surrounds. - 11/18/12 08:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. 9' isn't too far off where I'll be at. I'll see if I can find a mount that can drop it to that level.
Posted By: wilwom Re: High ceilings and surrounds. - 11/18/12 05:05 PM
My ceiling is also 11ft and my QS8s are wall mounted with the top 30 inches from the ceiling. They sound great. Good luck!
Bill
© Axiom Message Boards