Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/08/12 08:16 PM
For those of you with 3D at home, do you find the 3D experience to be better, more immersive, than when you watch 3D in the theater?
Posted By: INANE Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/08/12 10:24 PM
This is a good question, I'd like to see what folks have to say myself. I have two 3D TVs but haven't spent much time thinking about utilizing that ability.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/08/12 11:38 PM
I would love to know this as well. My dang Sanyo Z2 720p projector just won't die, so have to keep it for now. I hope to upgrade to a projector with 3D ability next and have been reading many reviews.
Posted By: blastermaster Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/08/12 11:59 PM
Unequivocally, yes, it is way better than the theater. I have a 134" curved 2.35:1 screen with an Optoma HD3300 and 3D movies are just ridiculously awesome with a DLP projector. When a well done 3D flick gets thrown in (Transformers 3) I'm grinning from ear to ear. Don't get me wrong, I love 2D and it is something of an event to watch 3D, but it adds a whole new level of immersion that is well worth the price of admission. I did just purchase some QS8's for surrounds and was laughing when my friend told me that the sound was 3D. And he was sitting way out of the sweet spot (behind the speakers at the bar table). Love the QS8's.

You can see my DIY curved screen build thread at AVS forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1442061/episode-iv-a-new-curved-screen
Posted By: michael_d Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/09/12 12:13 AM
I have only seen one 3D movie in the theater (Avitar) and one in my HT (John Carter).

The theater was OK, but the glasses were freaking horrible and I continually took them off to rub my eyes.

Watching John Carter in my HT last night was way-mo-betta...

It really sucks, cause now I'm just going to spend even more money on crap. And the movies are more expensive to buy as well.

The "simulated" 3D function does not look as good to me.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/09/12 02:43 AM
I have a Panny 65 inch Tv. While the 3d viewing is good, it doesn't beat the theater experience. So, for 3d, it looks like size does make a difference.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/09/12 02:29 PM
nice setup blast
Posted By: blastermaster Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/09/12 04:10 PM
Thanks! My home theater is always evolving and that makes it almost as fun as watching the movie itself.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/10/12 12:05 AM
3D sucks! I've decided to protest 3D from now on. I am going to live my life with one eye closed so that nothing, not even "reality" is 3D.

laugh

OK, bring on the personal Holodeck. THEN I will like 3D at home.
Posted By: fredk Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/10/12 11:51 PM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
... stuff ...
OK, bring on the personal Holodeck. THEN I will like 3D at home.

BUT, only if it comes with the Seven of Nine program option.
Posted By: jakewash Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/11/12 03:13 AM
Seven of Nine what?....Oh wait I get it....
Posted By: grunt Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/11/12 06:59 AM
Originally Posted By: jakewash
Seven of Nine what?....Oh wait I get it....

My Ex pretty much hated SciFi but “Voyager” was a must watch since she had the hots for Seven of Nine. cool
Posted By: pmbuko Re: 3D @ home better than theater? - 12/11/12 02:57 PM
Didn't everybody?
© Axiom Message Boards