Axiom Home Page
Does anyone know of a fast way to turn on or off Audyssey Dynamic Volume? I'm not that likely to use it, but my wife likes watching hockey games late at night, when everyone else is asleep. She has a hard time hearing the commentators, so she turns it up really loud. I think Dynamic Volume would help with this, but I don't want it on all the time, and there's no way in hell she's going to go through the 18 keypresses (or so) it takes to do it in the Onk manual. I guess I can set it up using the Harmony, but I was wondering if there was a better way.
Ken, I use Dynamic EQ at all times, but not Dynamic Volume. I haven't considered this at great length, but I'm not aware of any Onkyo provision for a one-click or other rapid way to select it. The menu entry appears to be the only route.
I learned something new about Ken's wife today.
The Harmony is the easiest way, was for my Denon too. I have my One set up with a 'soft' button in the display.
So basically something like Home>Down>Enter>Down>Down>Down>Down>Down>Down>Right>Enter>Down>Down>Return>Return?
Good grief.

I'm not sure how or if it would help you, but sometimes I have found that there are commands available in harmony or URC databases that are not native on the device's remote.
I haven't made an actual count of the keystrokes needed. But it's not insignificant.
Hi Ken,

There may be a less complicated alternative for you. I have my TV set up so the line analog audio-out jacks from the TV go to an inexpensive AR wireless headphone base unit. My son is a night owl and when he visits he used to watch TV with the volume too high (I'm a light sleeper.) So I rigged the wireless headphone setup. All he has to is put on the headphones and mute the TV speakers. This arrangement bypasses the AV receiver, amps, surround system, everything. He's not mechanically inclined so it's perfect for him and I get my sleep.

If your TV has a headphone output, you could use a wired headset as a cheapo solution instead of the above.

Alan
Set up one of the remote's 'Quick Select' buttons to turn on the Dynamic Volume. You can save the specific input source, volume, surround mode, and Audyssey Dynamic Volume on any of the quick select buttons.
There are quick select buttons?
Eno didn't specify, but he may have been referring to some Denon remotes which have "quick select" buttons.
Ken, maybe it's a sign. More hip checks in the bedroom.
I'm pretty sure I can cycle through, Audyssey off/on, EQ, and Volume (if I have it turned on to begin with) on my Denon. Will try it most likely on Friday night, that will be the next time we are down in the theater. Onkyo might be similar...
You can on the Denon, IIRC,you hit the surround parameter button on the Denon remote and it cycles through Audyssey; no idea if Onkyo remote is similar.
On my Denon it's only possible with Quick Selects. I don't know if Onkyo has the same feature.
It doesn't seem to. I'm coming to realize that the Onk has a pretty interface, but no fast way to do anything. Ah well.
Oh well. I like Quick Select other than that the Denon UI is pretty user hostile though.
"user hostile" LOL! Love it. I feel like you could make a good parody of their manuals with that concept.
Press the setup button, or I'll cut you. Press it. PRESS IT!
Press once for STABBITY.
Press twice for STABBITY STABBITY.
Sorry, I totally missed "Onk" in the OP.
My quick select mention was for Denon.
No worries. I appreciate the attempted assistance in any case.
There are all sorts of discrete remote codes for Onkyo receivers including ones for Audyssey Dynamic Volume. There is one each for LIGHT, MEDIUM, HEAVY and OFF.
They are in the Harmony database.
Bootiful! Thanks!
That's what I was trying to say on Wednesday. frown

I know, "trying to help" isn't the same as "helping".

And "helping" isn't the same as helping.
No, I knew someone else suggested it. I've just been too lazy to check myself. Sorry yo exclude you from thanks, Tom.
No worries. Good luck!
Get it programmed quick before Logitech sells Harmony, who knows what will happen when/if that happens.
Hmm. Is there a special way to access those codes? All I'm seeing in my Harmony setup is the standard set of buttons.

EDIT: Found some codes for older Onks on AVS. Sent them to Logitech. We'll see...
Are you hip to the Remote Central website? I'd start there. But I have a URC, so I dont really need help.
All Onkyo and Integra receivers use the same IR code-set. If Harmony do not have the Audyssey codes set up for your particular model try using a different one. Which Onkyo do you have?
Here are the codes in Pronto CCF format for a lot of different receivers:
http://www.awe-europe.com/ir_232.html
If you download the spreadsheet for your model you can see which codes it is capable of responding to.
I've got an TX-NR809, the codes I found were for the 607, I think.

Yeah, after looking at that sheet, I think I've got the right ones. I'll see if Harmony responds; I don't really want to deal with changing the receiver type if I don't have to.
Logitech support has informed me that since my remote is more than 90 days old, they won't help me. I've asked to speak to a manager, since that's f*&!ing ridiculous.
Did they say why 90 days was the cutoff?
Did you get to talk to upper management?
Haven't yet. I just got the email back today, and emailed them back. They said 90 days was the cutoff. Hello, Logitech, it's a cloud product. You can't give up cloud product support.
If you had 2 harmony remotes you could put the codes on one and teach it to the other.Does the codes for the 607 work on your 809, you could add the 607 as a phantom device and map a button to its codes.
Pity my other Harmony's USB port is dead.. but I like the idea! I may just try and switch the remote over to another Onkyo receiver to see if that one has it. After I yell at the support manager for awhile.
I wish I had your problem , then i would have a good excuse to get the new harmony touch.
I wouldn't be getting any new Harmony products until any potential sale has gone through and the future support is shored up. I quite like the look/idea of the Roomie
© Axiom Message Boards