Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Ultra HD - 06/20/13 03:49 PM
By the way, I'm sold on Ultra HD. So much for not being able to resolve the extra detail. Enough difference with a decent screen size at a reasonable distance. I'll still wait until a format sorts itself out, but wow on the demo.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Ultra HD - 06/20/13 05:22 PM
I am both excited and sad to hear that. My eyes are giddy with anticipatory glee, but my budget is complaining louder than ever.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Ultra HD - 06/20/13 06:03 PM
"decent" and "reasonable"?

Part of the reason I've always loved Charles is that he's not all sciencey and stuff.

I guess I could justify it for a projector. But it seems like you'd have to be ~7' or closer to a 65" panel to resolve the difference compared to 1080p. IF you have good eyesight.

I do hope it comes to market, though, so I can get a good deal on the old technology.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Ultra HD - 06/20/13 10:12 PM
Beer-swilling opportunist!
Posted By: CV Re: Ultra HD - 06/21/13 12:45 AM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle

Part of the reason I've always loved Charles is that he's not all sciencey and stuff

Ha ha ha. Yeah, I serve no practical function. But yeah, I would need it to be a projector, too, simply because the LFR1100s are going to push me further away from the screen once I'm in my larger space, I'm sure.
Posted By: fredk Re: Ultra HD - 06/21/13 01:14 AM
Originally Posted By: CV

Part of the reason I've always loved Charles is that he's not all sciencey and stuff

Ha ha ha. Yeah, I serve no practical function. But yeah, I would need it to be a projector, too, simply because the LFR1100s are going to push me further away from the screen once I'm in my larger space, I'm sure.

With all that gear you should really rent yourself an old movie theater and convert it to an apartment. Don't know if they would let you put in a gator pit though...
Posted By: CV Re: Ultra HD - 06/21/13 01:29 AM
grin Would be nice! There's a theater down the hill from me that closed down a while back. One corner of it is a restaurant now, but I have no idea how the space inside is being used.
Posted By: fredk Re: Ultra HD - 06/21/13 01:33 AM
Bonus score on the restaurant. Now you don't need space for a kitchen. laugh
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Ultra HD - 06/22/13 03:56 PM

I do hope it comes to market, though, so I can get a good deal on the old technology.

I have a vintage 2002 Toshiba 50HM RPTV 50" Tom.
You can buy that from me if you want.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Ultra HD - 06/22/13 04:26 PM
tomt:

Last month I bought an 'old technology' Sony 55" HX850 for close to a thousand off the original price. Rave reviews all over the net on this model & I'm more than happy - no regrets at all.

Basically they were clearing them out at the end of the model year. Grab them while they last...

TAM
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Ultra HD - 10/25/13 06:18 PM
Makes me glad I haven't invested in a projector/screen yet. A nice big screen and projector in the garage spilling 4K (nearly) all over it sounds like heaven.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Ultra HD - 10/26/13 11:16 AM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Beer-swilling opportunist!

Go Tom!!

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. Our 61" JVC HDILA crapped out just before moving to GA and I'm in need of a new TV for the HT when we get to it. Lower prices on 1080 plasmas will thrill me.

Scott
© Axiom Message Boards