Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 2112jb cerwin vega re series 30 - 07/24/13 12:33 AM
I use these as my fronts at this time, and power them with an onkyo tx-709. I have the center as polk cs10 powered sub as polk psw125 and rears as bose 201's that are 20 yrs old. i was thinking of replace the cerwin vega's with polk monitor 60's or polk tsi400. What will i gain or lose?
I use my system mostly for concert dvd's or just rocking out. movies every now and then. I am guessing my highs will get higher, but will i lose bass going with smaller woofers in tower speakers?
thanks in advance for any input you may have.
Posted By: JohnK Re: cerwin vega re series 30 - 07/24/13 02:32 AM
JB, welcome. The difficulty in answering your question with any degree of precision is that the mixture of various speakers that you now use are unfamiliar to us as a complete setup. Whether you go with Axiom, Polk or other speakers, you should match them to the extent that your budget allows.

If you get quality main speakers and a good sub, you won't "lose bass" in a real sense. Bigger woofers in some older speakers provide a bloated, boomy(superficially impressive to some)bass which is inaccurate when compared with some smaller woofers which give you a more honest picture of the program material.
© Axiom Message Boards