Axiom Home Page
For those of you with Showtime, I was wondering...when it does that logo -theme thing in between shows, does it cause a bit of distortion on your system? It seems much louder than the program or movie I've watched. That part that goes "duh duh duh duh" - like a very dynamic, crashing orchestral 4 notes. Jeez not sure how to explain it it. It's just a few seconds long and is played just before a featured show comes on.
If it were a long piece, I'd definitely have to alter my settings in some way.

Was just wondering if anyone else experiences this?

thx!
smile
Hi Aunty Em,

I know exactly what you're describing--the loud obtrusive Showtime logo theme--and it's annoying, but I haven't noticed any distortion that I recall. I tend to ignore those things if I can but I'll listen the next time I watch something on Showtime.

I also really hate those stupid sports "whooshing" sounds every time the sports network logo is flashed during broadcasts -- basketball, NFL, etc. They all seem to do it and they're way too frequent.

Alan
I think it's the "commercial" effect where the clip is compressed and played at a higher volume level than the program, so it "stands out". It's annoying to say the least.
ok, thanks for the input. Thankfully it's a very short annoyance.
Hey, that's what JP calls ME!
laugh

ba domp pssht
lol, Mark
© Axiom Message Boards