Axiom Home Page
Posted By: GregM Assembling FMS stands - 01/23/14 03:38 AM
I can't believe I am doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me get my FMS stands together. I am really struggling with getting the long support tubes screwed into the metal base. I have tried all four tubes in all four of the base holes and no luck.

I have been working on the new HT room all day and don't want to break my new stands so I am packing it in until tomorrow but thought I'd check here to see if there is a trick to this.

Greg
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Assembling FMS stands - 01/23/14 03:48 AM
righty tighty smile sorry just had to say that... If I recall it was not as easy as the description on the site, getting the threads just right. I assume your following the included instructions...
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Assembling FMS stands - 01/23/14 04:34 AM
The threads are really precise.

Try a small drop of lubricating oil on the threads. This will make it easier to screw in once you've finally engaged the threads...

TAM
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Assembling FMS stands - 01/23/14 04:51 AM
If you haven't already try spinning the tube backwards (should only need 1 full revolution)until you feel the slight vibration that should travel through the pipe when the thread ends drop past each other.
Then turn to the right(assuming its the correct direction) two opposing threads should literally find each other and be effortless to get started.
Don't hate me if it doesn't work...
Posted By: Argon Re: Assembling FMS stands - 01/23/14 12:18 PM
You have to try to almost not screw them in.
Posted By: Murph Re: Assembling FMS stands - 01/23/14 01:18 PM
MIG welder FTW !
Posted By: Argon Re: Assembling FMS stands - 01/23/14 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
MIG welder FTW !

Ah! The hammer and weld approach!
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Assembling FMS stands - 01/27/14 11:37 PM
Greg:

Were you successful?

TAM
© Axiom Message Boards