Axiom Home Page
Posted By: huskydave Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 01:03 AM
I just wanted to post a topic on the cleanest recordings you have come across. I really like a lot of Michael Jackson stuff: Black or White is a good one to crank. AcDc hells bells is good and thunderstruck is good If you have a good copy. I always thought breakfast in America was a good one. I always liked Usually/Always fred simon. Cal Massey - Bakai (1961) is a good one. Classical try Andrea Bocelli - Con Te Partiro. jethro tull skating away is a good one. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here end of Have a Cigar.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 01:39 AM
Roger Waters- Amused to Death
Posted By: Hansang Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 03:56 AM
Brothers in Arms - SACD version. Really shows off what 5.1 can do.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 07:09 AM
Dave, what specifically are you looking for under "cleanest"? Is it audio quality or general musical quality, or something else, so that we can narrow our list of possible candidates.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 12:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Lampshade
Roger Waters- Amused to Death

I totally agree with this. The production quality is stellar. As with much of Roger Waters' material, you need to be in a mood where becoming depressed is fine. smile
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 12:28 PM
pm,
SACD and an LP is coming soon of Amused.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 12:29 PM
huskydave, this is a good topic that comes up every so often. I dug around and thought you'd like this thread, which has spanned 7 years.

There's also this smaller thread that incorporates movies.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 06:25 PM
Please don't hate on me , but I have to add Micheal Jackson's Thriller to the mix. I am not a big fan ,but the musical score is well mixed and sounds fantastic.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/02/14 07:49 PM
Quincy Jones knows his stuff.

The remastered Beatles CDs (from 9/9/09) are excellent, as is their LOVE DVD-Audio.
Posted By: Murph Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/06/14 12:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Please don't hate on me , but I have to add Micheal Jackson's Thriller to the mix. I am not a big fan ,but the musical score is well mixed and sounds fantastic.

No one can dispute that this was a monumental album in the music world. I only owned it on cassette and played it on a very mediocre boom-box so I can not discuss it's sound quality. It's one of those cassettes that I now suspect Bob stole.
Posted By: Jeff_in_the_D Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/06/14 12:25 PM
Murph, how often do you allow this Bob character on your island?

/Jeff
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/06/14 01:38 PM
Actually, Bob is an island unto himself.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/06/14 05:41 PM
It's *my* island.
Posted By: MMM Re: Cleanest Recordings - 05/07/14 02:23 AM
For me, the one track that got me interested in hifi was Pink Floyd final Cut track 7-Paranoid Eyes.

I was working in North Toronto and there was a high end audio show at the hotel across the street from where I worked. I saw a presentation by Bowers & Wilkinson of their newly released Nautilus 800 series speakers and this track was played 2 speaker in a hall with no real acoustic treatment. The speakers felt invisible and in this track about half way through there is a part where people are clinking glasses at the bar and talking. it felt as if you were actually in the bar and people were talking behind you. I turned around to see what was going on, only to see just about everyone else watching the presentation do the exact same thing. it was the speakers giving such good sound that you thought it was there.

I can't afford that level of B&W's but I was to see how close I can get with a reasonable budget.
© Axiom Message Boards