Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mrspeeed Better in wall center option - 05/06/14 07:20 PM
I have a number of set ups. In one of my set ups I have in-wall 22's as L/R and will be looking for a center channel soon. This will now be used as a family room/video games room from its current use which is an office.

A single in wall 22 would be one option and perhaps my preferred option. The VP 100 in wall I guess would be another. I have an on wall VP 150 already in my bedroom set up so that would be a third option but it would not really give me the look I am trying to achieve.

I wish there was some way to fit a VP 160 into an in wall which I understand is likely physically difficult. So an on wall VP 160 might be fun too. Either way I wish there was a different option to one of my 3 options above even though I am sure all of which are fine.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Better in wall center option - 05/06/14 07:59 PM
The 3rd M22 would get my vote.
Identical across the front is so nice.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Better in wall center option - 05/06/14 08:06 PM
An in-cabinet VP160 can be installed....

If you have extra room in the wall, as I have...

or

You can extend it into the room behind the wall, such as into a closet, etc. and it's not a major support wall where you can cut out a portion of a stud.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Better in wall center option - 05/07/14 02:35 AM
Yes, an M22 center for an identical front setup should be fine.
Posted By: mrspeeed Re: Better in wall center option - 05/07/14 01:15 PM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
An in-cabinet VP160 can be installed....

If you have extra room in the wall, as I have...

or

You can extend it into the room behind the wall, such as into a closet, etc. and it's not a major support wall where you can cut out a portion of a stud.
Agreed. After writing my post I thought of that option. I had already considered that option for my main listening area but did not have the wall depth. I don't have the wall depth in this situation either but may be able to do the in cab 150. I could allow the in cab 160 to sit out from the wall and build a little frame or something but that again goes against the look I was hoping to achieve. So now it looks like I am between another in wall M22 and in cab 150.
© Axiom Message Boards