Axiom Home Page
We are moving, my current theater was part of negotiations, which means I get to buy new stuff when we move. I've been happy with the current setup, but noticed that the subs are now sealed. Anyone had a chance to listen to the new subs? Does the ep500 still bring down the house without a port?
I've had the sealed EP500 v4 for 5 weeks now. Had the ported EP350 v3 for about 4 years before that. I've had no reason to crank it to test it's upper limit, but the EP500 is a more capable critter. I don't know how to explain it other than the bass just sounds better overall.

I have no comparison of Ported EP500 vs Sealed EP500, so perhaps the answer to that is what you are really looking for.
My V4 500's just arrived yesterday. They will replace the V2 500's as soon as I can find the time to swap them. Maybe this weekend. I can report later.
Originally Posted By: rprice54
Does the ep500 still bring down the house without a port?

Sealed enclosure subs typically can tune lower in the Hz range, but it takes more power to drive them due to the obvious pressure within the chamber.

I'm sure the EP500 is a decent sub and frankly, i would definitely consider the sealed vs. a port in this regard considering our port chuff issues over the years with the EP350.
© Axiom Message Boards