Axiom Home Page
Home Theatre 95%. Room 16'x12'x7'. M22's and $850 sub or M60's and $500 sub. Any questions?
I have the m22's, but I would say for the price, go the w/ the m60's and the $500. $500 can get you a NICE sub (check out the SVS 25-31pci for ~$575 shipped)

M60ti and Hsu VTF-2

'nuff said
Also seating position is about 8'. Not too sure about the cylinders yet, but I think aesthetics can take a back seat during some discussions (that's the HAF for all you whipped folks out there.)
While the M22/sub combination is a powerful contender, of the two combinations you list, the M60s and the HSU VTF-2 are amazing for both home theater as well as music.
hahahah, enough w/ the vtf-2!!!!

just kidding of course...i would love to get the chance to listed to one of these...especially after all your rave reviews of it =)

I think I may be the only one who think the tube designs rock it down....very cool and more importantly intimidating. I could definitely see how they would be aesthetics issue if you dont have a dedicated room.

No matter what sub Erik, I would definitely go with the m60's and any $500 sub....even the vtf-2 =)
If you can hold out a little less than a month you can get great performance from the Hsu STF-3 for $610.
how about M60's and +$1000 sub?

you could get the HSU VTF-3!!!!!!

Well, I'd take M22's and better sub.
That's true...the STF-3 is essentially the VTF-3 but not "tuneable".

M60ti and STF-3 that's what I'd do. (good catch Curtis)
I also read that the STF-3 will not be tunable, but is instead tuned for output and not for excursion. Do you think this would create a noticible differnence in the lower end (was tuning the VTF-2(3) for excursion sound that differenct than tuning it to output?)
Well, it really depends on your room and your listening habits/preferences. For me who loves to listen to awesome organ pedal tones, the max extension mode of the VTF-3 seems to work very well.
I decided to go ahead and order an ice white SVS PB1. I also picked up the Yamaha 1400 earlier today. Half way there!!!
Factory direct prices:
STF-1 $299
STF-2 $399
STF-3 $599

Man, O Man, I wish we can fast-forward to January that's when I'll most likely getting one of these babies ;-)P
I don't know but I would definately go with the M22/Large Sub combination.

I would also check out some other subs such as the ones from Adire Audio (namely the Rava SE), and if you have a good local hi-fi store, or can make your own killer tuned box (acoustic engineers only ) Eminence.

I personally have an Eminence 15 LF Magnum, arguably one of the best stand alone subwoofer drivers for home-audio use, in a custom tuned enclosure and with a 400W RMS Plate Amp, and I couldn't be happier. It beats out my $1500 Klipsch RSW-15 in terms of clarity, musicallity, and (gasp) LF extension. With the Klipsch only showing a slight edge in terms of raw power (volume), my Eminence, at about half the price, seems like a much better package in the end.
In reply to:

I don't know but I would definately go with the M22/Large Sub combination.

I guess I didn't explain why on that too well... Well, I like bass that Hertz, 20 Hertz - heh - sorry for the bad pun. But anyways, I always find it pleasing to be shaken by things you can barely hear, so I think the bigger sub would be the better choice, especially considering the fact that the M22ti's offer such linear response.
Have you heard both the M60's and the M22's and a Hsu sub? You may change your mind if you've heard all three products.
© Axiom Message Boards