Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkS In-wall speakers - 01/15/02 01:06 AM
I've just ordered a pair of M-60's. Due to room dimensions I'm considering in-wall speakers for the rear. I know Axiom does'nt manufacture any yet. Can you recommend any which might work well with the M60's?

One more question. The M60's will be placed fairly close together (about 6 feet apart). How important is the center speaker for this type of set-up for both music and home theater?

Thanks,
MarkS

Posted By: Ian Re: In-wall speakers - 01/16/02 11:43 AM
For your home theatre listening the center channel is a very important channel to have and I would highly suggest it. We are looking at having a 2 in-wall models available this spring if you can wait that long.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Posted By: Harvey_S Re: In-wall speakers - 04/20/03 06:49 PM
So its over a year since the original post and I'm curious whether there are in-wall speakers available from Axiom. If not I'd love to get some recommendations for in-wall surround speakers. I'm looking at Home Theater Direct which sells a HTD-AL65 pair that uses an aluminum woofer and aluminum/ceramic tweeter. Anyone heard them ?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: In-wall speakers - 06/03/03 09:22 PM
I suppose I should have done a search before posting my message, eh?

So has Axiom abandoned the in-wall idea?
Posted By: zsulak Re: In-wall speakers - 06/03/03 09:31 PM
I have mentioned this before, I have installed some Niles in walls and was impressed. They were at least as good as decent bookshelves, not axiom sound, but okay at least.

Posted By: sushi Re: In-wall speakers - 06/06/03 08:39 PM
A number of brands now make "fully-enclosured" in-wall/in-ceiling speakers. They are much less unpredictable than those "open-back" in-walls, whose sounds you will never know until you actually install them in the particular walls. Perhaps, fully-boxed designs would be the way to go for Axiom?
© Axiom Message Boards