Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jeffyu254 Parts Express Subwoofer 10" 100watt - 10/14/03 11:07 PM
Thanks for all your responses regarding a subwoofer purchase a few days ago. Now, has anybody heard the Parts Express Dayton Subwoofer (Not the Dickason Titanic)? Any opinions, as it is quite inexpensive ($125)

I have also seen the Speakercraft BassX 10 sub listed for under $200. Opinions? Thanks-Jeff
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Parts Express Subwoofer 10" 100watt - 10/14/03 11:45 PM
Hello Jeff
I have a front firing Kenwood SW300, blew the Kenwood woofer to pieces, replaced it with a 10" Datyon II driver. Dunno if that's the same driver they use in the down firing unit you're looking at. The Kenwood/Dayton hybrid sounds great! the Dayton looks like a good deal and I'd expect it to sound good.
Posted By: fmowry Re: Parts Express Subwoofer 10" 100watt - 10/15/03 05:26 PM
The first iteration of the cheap PE subwoofer was widely considered the best "cheap" subwoofer on the market. Some people added a bit of bracing inside and/or some polyfill. If the new one is anything like the old, it makes for a great cheap sub.

Frank
Posted By: JohnK Re: Parts Express Subwoofer 10" 100watt - 10/15/03 11:02 PM
Jeff, I'll add just a little to what you've learned here and on your post at PE(maybe you should describe the fuse blowing problem on your Cambridge). First, I've read about the same things on its predecessor that Frank has and I've come across two favorable reports on the new one(about a month ago, can't remember where)that lead me to think that you can't go wrong for that money. You might get some encouragement about the driver here where this well-regarded site has a comment on the #295-315 woofer used. This is different from the Series II driver 2x6 got fine results with(apparently #295-110).
© Axiom Message Boards