Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Finding Nemo - 11/05/03 07:47 PM
Wow...bought and watched this last night. I had never seen it in the theatres. What a treat! Pixar just keeps knocking them out of the park. "The Incredibles" looks funny as hell too! Can't wait until next year.

btw...this is the best sounding disc I've heard in a loooong time. For those who thought The Lion King disc had great sound, wait 'till you throw this one in. Terrific use of the lfe channel, as well as side and rear surrounds. (Yep...this is the first disc I've watched that I noticed sound from my rears)

Two thumbs WAY up!
Posted By: mwells Re: Finding Nemo - 11/05/03 08:44 PM
I agree. I saw this in the theater, it was my 2 yr old daughters first movie outside the house. She is a huge fan as well. I cannot wait to watch this with my new HT, when I actually decide what to purchase.
Posted By: curtis Re: Finding Nemo - 11/05/03 08:54 PM
I will be getting a copy for the kids. They loved it in the theater. Should be fun at home too!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Finding Nemo - 11/05/03 08:59 PM
It's not really just a kids movie. I know Roger and I both really enjoyed it.

A couple of those lfe sections really got the entire floor rumbling in my apartment! (yep...with my little VTF-2)

Very cool!
Posted By: mwc Re: Finding Nemo - 11/05/03 10:48 PM
I liked everything about this movie: the color, sound, story, characters. I love the Pixar style.

Dory's character practically stole the show and they couldn't have picked a better voice and personality than Ellen DeGeneres.

The under water scenes were wonderful. You almost feel like you are under there watching from the characters perspective. Almost hypnotic. I usually hate the use of the "surfer dude" cliche' in movies but they pulled it off very well with the laid back sea turtles.

There is some debate about what the gulls were saying: some think they were saying "mate" but I'm sure they were saying "mine".

The dentist's niece (I forget the characters name) looked an awful lot like Sid from Toy Story.

Yes, the sound is incredible! And I think on par with the Lion King but the Disney Enhanced Home Theater mix on the Lion King may have it beat by a small margin. None the less, two of the best examples of great surround sound mixes ever.

Posted By: Snake Re: Finding Nemo - 11/06/03 06:36 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this myslef. I think I read that it sold 8 million copies on the first day!!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Finding Nemo - 11/06/03 06:53 PM
yep...smashed all the records. I went to Best Buy to get my copy at 1pm. They were nearly sold out. The store was PACKED. (Very strange for a Tuesday afternoon). Everybody in line had a copy. Along with other purchases. The extra spill off sales is where they make their real money.

Posted By: ser182 Re: Finding Nemo - 11/06/03 07:08 PM
It was the best movie from Pixar. I'm not into cartoons but I had it on and when my son fell asleep in the middle i didn't want to turn it off. The color, the sound, the plot. It was great!!!!
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Finding Nemo - 11/06/03 07:12 PM
did they try to sell a service contract with the movie? that's really where the $$$$ is at.
dan
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Finding Nemo - 11/06/03 08:12 PM
well naturally the extended warranty is a must

you guys are right-on, Little Nemo sold 8 mil copies which passed Superman at 7 mil. I also think I heard that 90% of the copies sold were DVD.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Finding Nemo - 11/06/03 08:37 PM
When you bought Little Nemo, did it come with Finding Mermaid?

j/k
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Finding Nemo - 11/06/03 10:52 PM
Hahah.. Good one Peter... I had to look back, TWICE, to see what you saw... LOL
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Finding Nemo - 11/06/03 11:19 PM
Not into cartoons ?? Say it ain't so...
Actually, I don't think you can really call them cartoons any longer.. Computer animation, eh... Regardless, it's all great stuff...

Posted By: topr Re: Finding Nemo - 11/07/03 06:54 PM
Watched it last night ...it was great, the shark chasing Nemo and the sub falling off the cliff sounded really good. Did you guys happen to catch the east coast reference (Boston more than likely) with the lobsters..."wicked dark" down there
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Finding Nemo - 11/07/03 07:36 PM
yep.

I may live in LA, but I was born and raised in Maine.
Posted By: hbellew Re: Finding Nemo - 11/08/03 06:10 AM
Just after the Boston lobster says "wicked dark" he says "hey bob" as he passes another lobster just sitting in a lobster trap =) I like subtle humor like that.

I lived in CT for several years but like Spiff I live in Los Angeles now too.

Mmmm California is much groovy

Henry
© Axiom Message Boards